Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 05 motor is going into a 04 frame.

What are the differences between the bikes of any, like frame, motor mounts, etc.

Can it be done? or do you need to do some modifications?

thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
04 and 05 gsxr 600 and 750 are exactly the same. the swap should be cake sauce. How much you pay for the 750 engine? im thinkin about doing the same thing.
i actually got the motor for free from a buddy.

but i saw a gsxr 750 motor on craigslist the other day, in the montana section.

Sweet, so it should just slide right in? thats a relief.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The 750 frames are 10 ounces heavier than the 600 frames. More material cast in the steering head and swingarm pivot. You can also tell the difference in the swingarms by a casting point in the bracing. The 600 has a triangular indention in the front of the bracing for the swingarm and the 750 has a triangular casting protruding from the same point.

They look the same and everything will transfer from one to the other but there are differences in manufacturing to support the added weight and power output of the 750 motor.

Just FYI

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
The 750 frames are 10 ounces heavier than the 600 frames. More material cast in the steering head and swingarm pivot. You can also tell the difference in the swingarms by a casting point in the bracing. The 600 has a triangular indention in the front of the bracing for the swingarm and the 750 has a triangular casting protruding from the same point.

They look the same and everything will transfer from one to the other but there are differences in manufacturing to support the added weight and power output of the 750 motor.

Just FYI

This is true - and I have never figured out why Suzuki would bother cutting out so few ounces on the 600 frame and swingarm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts