Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could anyone tell me if there is a motorcycle only highway in Birmingham,AL? When i was at barber racetrack i heard of some people talking about something like that and forgot where it was

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is there maybe a hwy 29 or something that everybody rides? it was hot at the races but i don't think i was hallucinating

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that may be what i heard them say, but i could have sworn they said it was closed to cars. My mistake would keep a lot of us so called hooligans off the ,main streets no cars to dodge and all that .If you guys evers come west a few hours give me a shout

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Maybe you're talking about hwy 129. It's in tennessee. Search for "the Dragon" or check tailofthedragon.com for info. 318 turns in 11 miles...it's a fun road, but getting more and more popular..which means a lot busier than it used to be. Of course the motorcyclists would like to see it open to bikes only, but that's not going to happen. There's tons of cars that go there, and it's a state hwy which is the main mode of transportation from NC to TN in that area.

I'm not but about 45 mins from there, so if you wanna go ride sometime, give me a shout.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Engloid said:
Maybe you're talking about hwy 129. It's in tennessee. Search for "the Dragon" or check tailofthedragon.com for info. 318 turns in 11 miles...it's a fun road, but getting more and more popular..which means a lot busier than it used to be. Of course the motorcyclists would like to see it open to bikes only, but that's not going to happen. There's tons of cars that go there, and it's a state hwy which is the main mode of transportation from NC to TN in that area.

I'm not but about 45 mins from there, so if you wanna go ride sometime, give me a shout.
Lots of tractor trailers too.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yeah, im originally from Bham and I wish there was a bike only HWY...Maybe we'll take one over if I get to move back.

:arsenal :arsenal

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Although it may seem that there's lots of tractor trailers, it's really not the case. ...it's just that EVERY ONE that tries to go through winds up causing trouble since the curves are just too tight for them. They either jam traffic or run off the road every time.

·
Registered
250 Posts
next year, i must ride the dragon, at least once, as well as several other roads, i have heard about. I want to visit the dragon, but everybody knows about it and its getting busy. are there any other really great rides you guys have come across, that arent wquite so public? I live in ohio, the flat of it all, so good rides around here are very limited. post up what your favorite hometown ride is.

- Jared -

·
Registered
527 Posts
Its County Road 25, It is not a motorcycle only road but there is 29Dreams a motorcycle only resort that is about 15 miles from Barber. It has alot of motorcycles on it but there a plent of cars too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts