Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Does anyone know why the 300v synthetic oil from Motul isn't recommended? And if so, what's the best or recommended oil for a 2002 Suzuki GSXR-750? Haven't found anything else online about problems with the oil. Quite the opposite in fact. Hell even by word of mouth. Bought my oil from here:

This site says not recommended specifically for Suzuki motorcycles:

·
Registered
437 Posts
That is hilarious. I have no clue why they would put in there not recommended for Suzuki. Like somehow suzuki builds engines differently...
Anyone?

I wouldn't hesitate to use it if you don't mind the price.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is hilarious. I have no clue why they would put in there not recommended for Suzuki. Like somehow suzuki builds engines differently...
Anyone?

I wouldn't hesitate to use it if you don't mind the price.
Much appreciated advice! I thought it was odd. Lots of really positive reviews on revzilla got me thinking that site has something against Suzuki or something.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Hi!

Does anyone know why the 300v synthetic oil from Motul isn't recommended? And if so, what's the best or recommended oil for a 2002 Suzuki GSXR-750? Haven't found anything else online about problems with the oil. Quite the opposite in fact. Hell even by word of mouth. Bought my oil from here:

300V isn't JASO M2 or API rated. I'd stick with the 7100 4T if it were going in my bike.

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Hi!

This is my, and most of the guys I ride with, GO TO for oil...your bike will love it, put some in and it will only ride smoother and shift better.

If you aren’t comfortable with the 300v you could always get the Ecstar 9000 line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
300V isn't JASO M2 or API rated. I'd stick with the
300V isn't JASO M2 or API rated. I'd stick with the 7100 4T if it were going in my bike.

Extremely helpful resources. Thank you very much! 😎

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I seem to be partial to Mobil 1 4T JASO M2, and almost went for the Walmart SuperTech full syn. 4T JASO M2 on my last change. But for only $1.30 more per quart- I got ther Mobil 1 4T at Walmart!
For all I know, these 2 at least are all made by the same producer?

I may try the Motul one day for grins.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It cost oil companies a lot of money to get those ratings/certifications but it doesn't mean that the oil doesn't meet those standards. In fact I
bet the Motul exceeds 99% of oil companies that have the ratings. Take a look at Redline synthetic motorcycle oil. They are a company that chooses to put their money into the oil instead of advertising & ratings/certs. They are on the level of Motul, Repsol.

·
Registered
437 Posts
It cost oil companies a lot of money to get those ratings/certifications but it doesn't mean that the oil doesn't meet those standards. In fact I
bet the Motul exceeds 99% of oil companies that have the ratings. Take a look at Redline synthetic motorcycle oil. They are a company that chooses to put their money into the oil instead of advertising & ratings/certs. They are on the level of Motul, Repsol.
I use redline (but don't like to admit it). I use their fork oil, gear oil, trans oil, engine oil, and they sell water wetter, too. (Not sure if they own that brand) In various bikes.
They are another company that uses synthetic esters or group 5 synthetic oil. I think they are using PAO group 4, too.
In the trackbike, I use their 50wt race oil mixed with their powersport 10w40. I called and they said their race oil does not include friction modifiers and COULD be used for motorcycles, but the tech said why?
More for my piece of mind than any proven benefit or need. All of this is probably overpriced crap marketed to gullible consumers like myself...

·
Registered
15 Posts
QUOTE="JCW, post: 3705107, member: 181290"]
I use redline (but don't like to admit it). I use their fork oil, gear oil, trans oil, engine oil, and they sell water wetter, too. (Not sure if they own that brand) In various bikes.
They are another company that uses synthetic esters or group 5 synthetic oil. I think they are using PAO group 4, too.
In the trackbike, I use their 50wt race oil mixed with their powersport 10w40. I called and they said their race oil does not include friction modifiers and COULD be used for motorcycles, but the tech said why?
More for my piece of mind than any proven benefit or need. All of this is probably overpriced crap marketed to gullible consumers like myself...
[/QUOTE]

Yes I believe water wetter is a Redline product. I use all products you mentioned except the fork oil. How do you like the fork oil? Also just curious why you do not like to admit you use there product?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Fork oil is good because they come in different weights and I can mix and match to get the weight oil I want. I currently use their medium with just a splash of lightweight suspension fluid.
20200625_194210.jpg
There is a chart that ranks dozens of fork oils by their measured viscosity so you can compare fork oils from different brands. Do u have it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Fork oil is good because they come in different weights and I can mix and match to get the weight oil I want. I currently use their medium with just a splash of lightweight suspension fluid.
View attachment 293847
There is a chart that ranks dozens of fork oils by their measured viscosity so you can compare fork oils from different brands. Do u have it?
Gotcha. No I do not have suspension fork oil chart. Where can I get one? Thanks

·
Registered
437 Posts
I would give credit if I knew where this originated from but I'm not sure now...
I think you can save pic and zoom up. If the BBS resizes it so you can't read, I can attach the PDF file.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would give credit if I knew where this originated from but I'm not sure now...
I think you can save pic and zoom up. If the BBS resizes it so you can't read, I can attach the PDF file.

View attachment 293848
Wow, that's a large list. I can't read it though when I enlarged the pic after screenshot. Can u pdf it JCW? Thanks, much appreciated!

Edit: Nevermind, I used a different device & I could see it clearly. Thanks again

1 - 17 of 17 Posts