Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2017 GSX250 last August, not really been riding much since then cause of the great British weather, can anyone tell me what is the best exhaust to have (noise wise)..the louder the better as far as I'm concerned, as only had the bike month and half and was taken out on a roundabout...The car driver's excuse??...I didn't hear you!!...(What about opening yer bloody eyes!!)...feel though that a louder sounding exhaust would help with this...and obviously a pair of eyes 👀!!...cheers

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
Bought a 2017 GSX250 last August, not really been riding much since then cause of the great British weather, can anyone tell me what is the best exhaust to have (noise wise)..the louder the better as far as I'm concerned, as only had the bike month and half and was taken out on a roundabout...The car driver's excuse??...I didn't hear you!!...(What about opening yer bloody eyes!!)...feel though that a louder sounding exhaust would help with this...and obviously a pair of eyes 👀!!...cheers
This one says it will take it from the stock 83db to 95. Of course, if you want it really loud you'll need to remove the catalytic converter and go with a full exhaust & tune but there can be all kinds of regs about that kind of thing.

Reactions: Mr G

·
SuperMod of the North
27,253 Posts
I am going to move this to the tech section, please post in the right areas. This is the site rules section.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Sorry about your roundabout experience. Hope you’re ok.

Bloody cage drivers always pull out in front of bikes. When you ride, assume no one can or has seen you. A loud exhaust probably won’t make a difference when there are a bund of screaming ankle biters in the back of the car distracting the frazzled parent driver. Or they got sick of yelling at Siri to play a certain song and picked up the phone to find what they want.

When I was in a motorcycle training course , one thing the instructor said was “it’s no good being in the right if you’re dead”. In other words assume everyone is out to kill you. Don’t trust anyone else on the street. Regardless of the speed limit, if you cannot easily stop in the space you can see, you’re going too fast.

Ride safe and have fun. Heading to the lovely countryside on a summers day in the uk on your bike would be awesome. I’m not sure which day is summer this year though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts