Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks ALOT better with the mirrors off, and when I look in the mirrors i see half my shoulder, half behind me. It actually works though, I don't ever have to turn around to look for cars behind me..

Anyways I can't decide whether to keep my mirrors or take them off.

I have a carbon fiber bike, 100% basically, and got the carbon looking mirrors which blend in, and smoked signals.. so they look better than stock.. but still so damn sexy off.

So any of you have pics of your bike with the mirrors on, and then one with the mirrors off? If so PLEASE post them up it will help me make my decision.

I also thought maybe ill do a compromise and order the $140 REAL carbon fiber mirrors.. but the problem with this choice is their smaller and sleeker then the stock gsxr mirrors, so all I'd see is my damn shoulders... so its really between these mirrors I have now or none at all..

Look sexy and turn around to see cars

Or look good and not have to turn

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Any bike looks better without mirrors. And, "I don't ever have to turn around to look for cars behind me"??? You really should start looking, because even we bikers are not immune to blind spots! Oh yeah, and you'd probably get in trouble without them.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ok i need some opinions

im trying to decide between these two if I go ahead and remove my mirrors

These blocks off in carbon-look (I have a brake resevoir cap and oil cap that is the exact same as these block offs, same color and gsxr etched same company made them, so they'd match up that'd be cool, and they'd look GREAT with my carbon fiber front end)

$20

OR

hot bodies ones, positive on this is i'll have turn signals in the front, however they don't look as good as the ones above.

$40

need your opinions

heres my bike, its missing this part in the pic tho

This is on my bike now ^^^^^ So keep in mind when suggesting

and heres old pic of the bike

So give me your suggestions, which would you pick, or would you just keep the mirrors that are on it in the picture? It looks SOO good with the passenger rearsets and mirrors off, so I am really leaning toward getting mirror block offs..

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any bike looks better without mirrors. And, "I don't ever have to turn around to look for cars behind me"??? You really should start looking, because even we bikers are not immune to blind spots! Oh yeah, and you'd probably get in trouble without them.
nah I dont have blindspots, ive been riding for years - mirror shows everything except to the side of me which i see with peripheral vision. Thanks for your concern though.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
nah I dont have blindspots, ive been riding for years - mirror shows everything except to the side of me which i see with peripheral vision. Thanks for your concern though.
No problem. :thumbup:

I, personally, like the all-black aluminum block-off plates (no signals). But I'm too afraid of gettin' harrassed by law enforcement... :headshake

·
Registered
180 Posts
nice call on the taylor made :thumbup:

I would say pull the dumbo ears and go with bar ends, you see behind with no sholders in view. Id just go with black not the fake cf crap... specialy with real cf farrings. :)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Amazing how my $40 order for some blockoffs turned into $120 , and its all in shit ill never see, atleast i know the bike will be taken care of.

My current oil and filter is fine but id like to have it ready for my next change, and my coolant is stock but my bike seems to be at 220-225 alot at lights here in Florida and im hoping this special "Engine ice" will help cool down my engine

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice call on the taylor made :thumbup:

I would say pull the dumbo ears and go with bar ends, you see behind with no sholders in view. Id just go with black not the fake cf crap... specialy with real cf farrings. :)
Bar end mirrors work very good but look terrible in my opinion- thanks tho.

ill just go with the blockoffs above, i alrdy have them in my checkout, going to deposit the $ tomorrow and ill be ordering them! :)

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
I never trust my mirrors. My head is always on the bobble. I wish I could run block-offs It looks bad ass with 'em on. But it's nice to have mirrors so I can see the other lanes when some punk in a Civic does fly-by trying to make a point. Of course I immediately correct his error in judgment. :D

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
i like the mirrors on an 05+ gsxr with the signals, they look good,but i'd go with those turn signal mirror block offs if u really want to take your mirrors off so atleast have some kind of signals in the front. i plan to put some 05+ signal mirrors on my 04 i know they're not the some but i ll do some custom fabrication to make them fit.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Not that I really like you but.......
I ran block offs on my bike for a couple of days, and put my mirrors back on! I didn't like riding w/ people and never knowing when they were coming up on me! It puts me much more at ease being able to look in my mirrors and see what's going on behind me without having to turn around. I honestly felt unsafe w/ the blockoffs!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
i like the mirrors on an 05+ gsxr with the signals, they look good,but i'd go with those turn signal mirror block offs if u really want to take your mirrors off so atleast have some kind of signals in the front. i plan to put some 05+ signal mirrors on my 04 i know they're not the some but i ll do some custom fabrication to make them fit.
Actually, you're more likely to get pulled over when you install mirror block-off signals. The cops will be like, "Hey, I see the signals, but where's the mirrors?" :laughingr

I suggested that to someone before, and he told me he'd just rather ride with his mirrors folded inward. :shifty He said that way he wouldn't get pulled over, but that he was still legal. Kind of weird, to be riding around with your mirrors folded in, but hey, to each his own. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
One time I was riding up the Highway 65, lane spitting in very slow traffic, when I came upon some fool riding his track bike on the road (no mirrors, lights or plate) and it was REALLY ANNOYING that he couldn't see me behind him. Nor could he hear me, over his own bike. I did manage to finally get around him by doing a jump-to-the-number-three lane move, and he gives me one of those "Holy shit I didn't know you were back there" looks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
WTF is a BIG DEAL with the mirrors, just keep the damn things on and do not brake your head over it.

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
Try this: take one of them off and see how you like not knowing what is behind you on one side for a while. I've ridden without mirrors once, going about 6 miles across town to drop my bike off for a trackday. I just didn't like it. It usually takes me a session on the track before I get used to not having them, and I still try to check them every once n a while when I'm out there.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I never trust my mirrors. My head is always on the bobble. I wish I could run block-offs It looks bad ass with 'em on. But it's nice to have mirrors so I can see the other lanes when some punk in a Civic does fly-by trying to make a point. Of course I immediately correct his error in judgment. :D
+1 :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.