Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Just for kicks if you aren't going to do a pressure test (maybe you did and I missed the results?) just put a towel down, pull the fuel line off the pump and see if it streams fuel out. It still sounds like fuel based on your starter fluid test. While your there make sure your fuel line isn't clogged or crimped. Check the fuel rain for clogs. If fuel seems good at that point then move on. When you cycle the key what does the STVA butterflys do (cycle then completely seat or stand 10% open after cycling)? Since it will actually run, and dies after the "fuel" runs out then it still sounds like fuel. That said what is the power commander or ecu flash situation?

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
Doesn't this happen also if the voltage is low?
It might. Don't have any proof, but it makes sense because the sensor output is relative to the sensor voltage input. Since it's regulated at 5V, low overall system voltage (say 10.5v) shouldn't affect it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Got it running! Turns out the fuel pump was the issue. I thought for sure I could hear it running when I turned it on so after I removed it I plugged it in and turned it on and it ran or hummed but didn't move fluid. When I tested it before it shot fuel out. Upon inspection or just looking in the intake with a flashlight the impeller would not rotate. I don't know if that is normal or not.
So I replaced the pump and it started right up.
I wish I did that almost 3 weeks ago.

And I never heard of a JIS but it looked like a philips to me or as my girlfriend calls it a "plus". not a "minus" which is a flat-head of course.
So that is 4 philips machine screws that defiantly dont exist on my motorcycle anymore.

Thanks you all for you're help. I really apriciate it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
When I get a problem after touching something I go directly back to it. About 90% it is caused by what I touched. Then work yourself to other things.

Some of those grommets to the fuel pump can slip off if you're not careful. I think those are design flaws.

Is that an OEM pump?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

21 - 24 of 24 Posts