Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1996 GSXR 750 srad
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding on the freeway one day when I started hearing a knocking sound in my motor I go to pull off the freeway next thing you know it cuts out on me I pull over to the nearest parking lot then I fire it back up and it just started making it louder knocking clanking sound I tried to get as far as I could to get home then it just turned off on me and hasn't started since I'm thinking new motor or rebuild one of the two I already got it tore down can't seem to figure out what the issue anybody on here have a motor for cheap that I can drop straight in or know where I can order a rebuild kit I'm kind of working on a budget so I'm trying to find the best deal as possible to get back on the road

·
SuperMod of the North
27,955 Posts
What did you find when you pulled it apart? Was there coolant in the oil? Pistons damaged? Top or bottom of engine?

·
SuperMod of the North
27,955 Posts
Also, I am moving this to tech for you so you get more responses.

·
Registered
1996 GSXR 750 srad
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What did you find when you pulled it apart? Was there coolant in the oil? Pistons damaged? Top or bottom of engine?
I was only able to tear down the top end so far I haven't really seen any kind of damage that I know of no coolant in the oil nothing like that one thing I was kind of concerned for was the CCT it kind of looked like it was over tight for some odd reason I pulled it out and the part that touches to give the chain tension looked kind of like as if something broke off of it a few days before that as I was writing I noticed it was running a little hot more than usual then the day of it breaking down it just really didn't sound the same it was knocking it almost sounded like a diesel the knock was coming from around the area of the timing chain

1 - 4 of 4 Posts