Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After having my fairings about a week or so now, I figured its time for a good review.

1. Actual Order and Transaction: 9/10 I found the sponsor on these forums and decided to check out their website. When I got on there, they had a few broken links and nothing shown for the 06-07 gsxr 600. I decided to check out their Ebay auction, where there were plenty of different paint schemes. I added them on MSN and the order was placed. He was always online and the ordering process went very easy.

2.Shipping: 10/10It took approximately 2.5 weeks from the time I ordered and when it got to my door. I pushed him for faster shipping because I had already sold all my fairings and was not able to ride. I heard of others taking around a month to get them, but I was lucky enough to get mine in under 3 weeks!

3.Packaging: 8/10 Packaging was done very well EXCEPT for one piece. My left air duct was cracked in half. I contacted [email protected] about this and he offered to send me another piece without hassle. I was surprised to find that I had a free windshield and Progrip tank pad also! I did not request these when I ordered, so that was very nice!

4.Paint: 9/10 The paint job looked very nice. All stickers and graphics were clearcoated over. I could not find any runs or dirt in the paint. The only thing I did notice was a few of the lines/curves werent as smooth as I had wanted. I am pretty anal about these types of things and I'm sure it wont bother others.

5.Fitment: 9/10 It took 2 of us about 1.5 hours from beginning to end to install. I reused the heatshields off of my old oem plastics and they fit right up. The tabs look and fit just like OEM. I ran into a bit of fitment issues with the tail section. The holes had to be opened up a tad for the fasteners to fit. This was because the paint had gotten into the holes and needed to be wallowed(sp?) a bit for them to fit. I reused my stock black undertail because I did not like the colored undertail that came with it, which lined up without issues. The side fairings fit a little tight, but well. The front and tank fairings installed without issue. The pictures show some minor gaps in the front, but i think this is because my headlight is missing tabs =(.

6Conclusion: As you have probably concluded, I am VERY happy with my new plastics. Ive had nothing but compliments on the fitment and price I paid ($589shipped). I highly recommend them for anyone looking for new plastics. Ask for Ken. The pictures are below and I will be happy to answer any questions! Enjoy!

the broken left air duct

my turd =P

·
Registered
361 Posts
very nice. Glad everything fit and no major moding was needed. I posted about a week ago that my buddy high sided and was going to buy a set from the same guy you bought yours from. This will be encouriging for him. Always like the look of the all star edition. What are you going to do about your tank. Paint it yellow?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, i was gonna get it colormatched then probably put some black stompgrip to break up the color a bit. I think an all yellow tank will be a bit too much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
yea, i was gonna get it colormatched then probably put some black stompgrip to break up the color a bit. I think an all yellow tank will be a bit too much.
Its good to see they fit so well, Id like to get some white ones if nothing else get some and paint them.
Is there a gap on the rear seat cowel?

·
Registered
361 Posts
was looking at your pics again and noticed the nose fairing looks like it has a piece cracked off on the (pictures) left side? and also what happened to your headlight that your missing the "dim" part of it?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
was looking at your pics again and noticed the nose fairing looks like it has a piece cracked off on the (pictures) left side? and also what happened to your headlight that your missing the "dim" part of it?
yea the left side is broken, he is sending me a new one. And yea... I made the mistake of "blacking out" my headlight and I had no light output. I tried to salvage some light by take off the shroud. Lesson learned. I need a new headlight!

·
Registered
89 Posts
i ordered a new set of fairings from auctmarts a couple days ago, this review is very encouraging for me. im curious thou, did u order the airducts separately? i didnt notice if i was getting those with my set or not.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Its good to see they fit so well, Id like to get some white ones if nothing else get some and paint them.
Is there a gap on the rear seat cowel?
Speaking of getting some white ones....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.