Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was stolen from valencia community college in orlando florida. i came out and it was gone. it was the 3rd one today. one other gixxer all chromed out like mine. i have full insurance so im ok but a while without a bike

·
Registered
764 Posts
WoW sorry to hear about your bike getting stolen I hope they get the bloody bastards!! Even though you have ins still sucks that they stole it...I know where i live in Sanford there is a guy that has the same type of bike. Actually looks the same. But he's had his way b4 this happened.

kre8

·
Registered
295 Posts
wow that realy sucks...what does insurance do for a bike done up like that? do they just give you a new bike and not cover the value of what was done to it or what?

·
Registered
764 Posts
drgnframe24 said:
it was stolen from valencia community college in orlando florida. i came out and it was gone. it was the 3rd one today. one other gixxer all chromed out like mine. i have full insurance so im ok but a while without a bike

See now i'm angry!! and where the hell where the stinking flashlight cops? UggHzZ I would have been in the damn office fighting with someone! How can you not see a bike get trailered out? or someone messing around with the ignition system? I dunno how easy or quick it is to steal a bike since i'm not a thief! Damn it, I think i'm more pissed off about this then u are!! :laughings

·
Registered
544 Posts
oh there was a special on dateline or 20/20 a few years ago. It only takes a thief like 5 seconds to crank one. It just look like it's their bike they had guys walk up sit on it and crank it. It was amazing so it doesn't really look like they are stealing it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
one of the security guards said all they have to do is use a screwdriver then hotwire it. i had it handlebar locked but thats it. it was the 3rd one that day. and there was another one just like mine but 750 with chromed everything too

·
Registered
706 Posts
That really sucks, :2hard do you guy's think that the manufacturers should try to develop some new ways to keep this from happening? Like make it impossible to crank a bike I mean look at cars now days compared to 10 years ago they are soooooo much harder to steal maybe they need to update the security on bikes and make it STOCK so us consumers don't have to pay a shit load more for it, also if they did this than insurance rates for theft protection would go down... which I think bike insurance is OUTRAGEOUS!!!! Insurance on a bike exspecially a sportbike is UNREAL!!! I know so many people that want to buy a bike so bad but as soon as they get an insurance quote they say "Hell NO" I mean from my searching I have not found very many companies who actually insure sportbikes.. What insurance do you guy's have and how much do you pay?????? I use Dairyland and I pay 260 per month!!!!!! It SUCKS!!!!! :2hard

·
Registered
938 Posts
DUDE! that sucks donkey balls!!! you get your bike set up, then it is gone, hope insurance works out, then off to another project.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Princeslea79 said:
That really sucks, :2hard do you guy's think that the manufacturers should try to develop some new ways to keep this from happening? Like make it impossible to crank a bike I mean look at cars now days compared to 10 years ago they are soooooo much harder to steal maybe they need to update the security on bikes and make it STOCK so us consumers don't have to pay a shit load more for it, also if they did this than insurance rates for theft protection would go down... which I think bike insurance is OUTRAGEOUS!!!! Insurance on a bike exspecially a sportbike is UNREAL!!! I know so many people that want to buy a bike so bad but as soon as they get an insurance quote they say "Hell NO" I mean from my searching I have not found very many companies who actually insure sportbikes.. What insurance do you guy's have and how much do you pay?????? I use Dairyland and I pay 260 per month!!!!!! It SUCKS!!!!! :2hard

Haha, out that must suck to pay that much. I've got a 2003 GSXR600 Alstare that I bought new that is only 207 a year for full coverage, must suck to live in those "popular" places now huh? :2hard Just playing with ya, but seriously, that is some spendy insurance

·
Registered
706 Posts
bishopalstare said:
Haha, out that must suck to pay that much. I've got a 2003 GSXR600 Alstare that I bought new that is only 207 a year for full coverage, must suck to live in those "popular" places now huh? :2hard Just playing with ya, but seriously, that is some spendy insurance
I don't think this sorry ass place is anywhere near popular the population here is like 8,000 peolpe dude... Who do you have your bike insured through???

·
Registered
99 Posts
Damn, I live in a town of 150,000 people and mine is still that cheap, crazy. I go through Farmers Mutual of Nebraska. Check them out and good luck Pris...

·
Registered
938 Posts
usaa, I pay 270 full coverage a year for a 04, 600 GSXR. Progressive wanted 1800.00 a year. what a scam!!

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Sorry about your luck man. Hopefully you get a bike here soon so you can keep riding.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Princeslea79 said:
I don't think this sorry ass place is anywhere near popular the population here is like 8,000 peolpe dude... Who do you have your bike insured through???
I live in Columbus, OH and pay $340 a yr for full coverage on a 2005 750, plus I had 2 speeding tickets in the last 3yrs. Liberty Mutual is the insurance company. Maybe its because I'm 29 and married, but we do have 2 vehicles and the house on the policy too.

·
Registered
226 Posts
BallHawk3 said:
i recommend u get some guns and go hunting.

Just to help with the frustration.
There's a solve for all problems!! :clap:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
jacking a stolen bike thread to talk about insurance, that's cold. sorry to hear about the bike man.

·
Registered
249 Posts
sorry bout the bke dude. Last year I heard of 5 or 6 guys cruising around the southeast from New Orleans to Panama City, they were in a 4 door truck,black or navy blue i think, they had 2 pipes, 4 guys would get out lift the bike through the wheels , put it in the truck and gone. Don't think they ever caught them. I think they got around 150 bikes. Sucks but thats what we pay ins. for. mine is with State farm $260 every 6 mo. also have 2 cars and house with them

1 - 20 of 26 Posts