Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, my bike was stolen off of my porch the day after Christmas. My almost brand new 2019 GSXR 600, was found by Corona PD parked. On the bright side it only has minimal cosmetic damage. You can tell it was dropped once or twice, but other wise I'd say a solid 7 out of 10.

My first question is any recommendations for an online store where to get an OEM ignition? I'm not able to start the bike, for that reason. I say this tongue in cheek, but is there a bike recovery checklist I should try and follow? I feel a little lost.

Thanks

·
Administrator
11,963 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Good news that it was recovered in mostly good condition.

Did they drill the ignition and fuel cap?

#19 is the ignition switch, but look at #20 as that includes the key matching fuel cap and passenger seat lock.

I have seen these set used on Ebay. They used that same lock set on all 600/750s from 2009 to present. Also the 2011-2016 1k.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum.

Good news that it was recovered in mostly good condition.

Did they drill the ignition and fuel cap?

#19 is the ignition switch, but look at #20 as that includes the key matching fuel cap and passenger seat lock.

I have seen these set used on Ebay. They used that same lock set on all 600/750s from 2009 to present. Also the 2011-2016 1k.

They replaced the ignition with one that is similar with other ones I've seen on ebay. I don't think it's an OEM, and didn't check on the gas tank. Is it a pretty simple install? I looked on youtube but couldn't find a video. It looks like whoever drove it, used it like a daily. Leads me to believe they just changed the locks out, but I have to verify that.

To be completely honest it just feels weird having the bike back. Just want to nurse it back to health!

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Get you some of those there are good deterrent..... In my opinion..... Also Hide one under the seat set it - if they do manage to get the one on the wheels off - when they take off with your bike the one under the seat will at least start to annoy them or maybe even make them panic and jump off the bike...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts