Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been riding dirt all my life. Had dreams of riding street since I can remeber. Final at 25 I got one as a valentines gift from my girl. My bosses brother (an air plane machanic) sold this to us for $1600. He was the original owner, its a 93' and has got 6,392 miles on it. A jet kit, ingnition advance, D&D header and muffler, Kevlar brake lines and a lot of wire tie through the bolts.. aircarft safty thing I guess.. looks trick though. So I have put on 150+ miles today. Hit 140mph and just lived a dream.. I know its not anything specail but I am happy..

I was debating taking the stickers off so I took a pic and photoshoped it so I could see it with out the stickers in the rear. It had one flaw.. A small tear in the rear seat from catching a boot. So I am having the rear seat recovered and done two-tone. Kinda hard to explain but I will update tomorrow with pics of the stickers off and the new seat covering. Some might like what I did to it.. Well heres the pics of her when I got home last night, and the pic I doctored to see if I like the stickers off. I liked it so I did it.. Took about an hour and my fingers are now raw, but I had to get rid of the purple...

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
that looks really nice for a 93, I think it would look cool if you were able to put stickers back on there, but just not purple, to me it looks a little naked all white. Idunno, nice bike though

·
Registered
295 Posts
nice bike...the stickers would look a lot better if they didnt fade to purple....blue all the way would have been real nice

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Welcome to the site, nice bike man.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys.. Yea I agree it looks naked back there now but still way better then the purple.

I have a loy planned for her. I am going to get my seat back and I will update the pics as it looks different now..

I am highly involved with foum comunity and I like this place. i was checking it out before I got a bike and now that I have one I joined.. Thanks guys..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so I got the rear seat reapolstered. I did it so that it almost look like a cowl. Once I find a rear seat pan I will make a cowl. But for now this will do.

Stickers off and and new seat apolstery.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That is a nice bike, the seat looks nice :) I'd get some racing stickers if I were you for the rear...maybe suzuki stickers or something ;) Oh and welcome to the site!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.