Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Hey before you pick that up did you ride it?
Get on that bike and get on it in 1 st gear till bout or dam near red line shift then get into 2nd exceptionally hard and take it up to redline so you can see if it jimps out of gear. If it does either get lower price or move on. 00 has a 2nd gear problem that requires breakdown of motor to fix.
That is a nice looking bike though Good luck have fun :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
audi1031 said:
Hey before you pick that up did you ride it?
Get on that bike and get on it in 1 st gear till bout or dam near red line shift then get into 2nd exceptionally hard and take it up to redline so you can see if it jimps out of gear. If it does either get lower price or move on. 00 has a 2nd gear problem that requires breakdown of motor to fix.
That is a nice looking bike though Good luck have fun :thumbup:
Definatly man! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Cody said:
That is pretty nuts maybe they just never rode it and bought it as a toy
Be aware of Guage swapping look on ebay i see plenty of them online. People do shady things these days. Could be honest miles but you never know.

·
Registered
194 Posts
That Bike!

I was going to get that bike, im from Michigan and when I went to go check out it out I couldnt believe the miles!!! It's sweet looking, but! I had the cash in hand but couldnt test ride it around the corner or even up the street!!! :hmmm: take the advice on the 2nd gear situation bro. Nice bike though, I was he ever going to sell it/ did he tax you 5500 for it?????????

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went out and took a look at it. It seems to be legit on the miles. The thing is clean. I am a mechanic and very familiar with doctored product. As far as the price it was below 5500 and also comes with two helmets that match. I am also aware of the gear issue with them and plans to swap in a 1k motor are in the works :cool: . The guy has a few toys that he seems to enjoy more, corvette and two four wheelers. The tires show little wear and not much lean to them. The rims show no sign of tire replacement. I am fairly confindent that this is a straight up deal. I hope :infrandom . I dont plan to stunt or ride it too hard, that is what my ZX7/9 will be for :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
modidy2 said:
I went out and took a look at it. It seems to be legit on the miles. The thing is clean. I am a mechanic and very familiar with doctored product. As far as the price it was below 5500 and also comes with two helmets that match. I am also aware of the gear issue with them and plans to swap in a 1k motor are in the works :cool: . The guy has a few toys that he seems to enjoy more, corvette and two four wheelers. The tires show little wear and not much lean to them. The rims show no sign of tire replacement. I am fairly confindent that this is a straight up deal. I hope :infrandom . I dont plan to stunt or ride it too hard, that is what my ZX7/9 will be for :thumbup:
Cool have fun and make sure you get the 02 1k motor
I have a set of brackets for those that bolts 1k in if your interested cause i did this as well

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
audi1031 said:
Cool have fun and make sure you get the 02 1k motor
I have a set of brackets for those that bolts 1k in if your interested cause i did this as well
Actaully I will be interested in those brackets. I have to sell my 91zx7/9 before I buy the 1k motor. I will keep you in mind. Where do you get the brackets from? I know I have seen them on ebay.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
I doubt you seen these on ebay but I picked them up from a buddy in canada he makes them. His website
www.hybridracing.ca

if you find that link of where they are to sell these Brackets PM me the ebay id#. thanks
If you run into any problems let me know

·
Registered
30 Posts
Tell me more about this issue with the 2000 750's jumping out of 2nd gear and how to fix it. I'm curious about this as this is exactly the bike that I have, although it's my first bike and I bought it used.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Sometimes when you bring the 00-01 750 up or close to redline, it will pop into neutral(or out of gear) , very expensive job, about 1500-2000 to fix, mine never did I had an 01, but my friend bought a ZX-7 that had this problem, returned the bike to the guy the day after he bought it, what a headache job...:headshake , there is no way to really check if the guages were swapped , just use your best judgement

·
Registered
400 Posts
I love that black/yellow color scheme, that ws a great bike, nice choice BTW:thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts