Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really all that bad I guess (yet), but I started to notice a bit of what I thought was a valve noise very soon after getting the bike (early March). I finally got it into the shop on the 19th; there was a long backup of people waiting for work. Initially they thought the cam chain was making the noise due to a malfunctioning tensioner... they replaced that. The noise continued.

At this point I'm fairly pissed... I love my bike, but I didn't pick a yellow one because it looked like a fucking lemon. The dealer's NEW guess is that the cam chain itself was poorly machined, and are ordering in a new one that oh... ought to be here a week past never. Actually, it ought to be in by the beginning of next week, but at this point I'm sortof expecting the dealer/suzuki to cover some of my payment. I'll have lost use of the bike for nearly a month by the end of this I'll bet.

Any suggestions? Any experience with this?

:2hard

·
Registered
309 Posts
F*** that man, I would demand on an exchange. It's only a month old. I wouldn't want to have that worry knowing that the engine has already been worked on that new. I would keep on bothering the dealer. Talk to the higher up and bitch a lot.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
pmhallum said:
Not really all that bad I guess (yet), but I started to notice a bit of what I thought was a valve noise very soon after getting the bike (early March). I finally got it into the shop on the 19th; there was a long backup of people waiting for work. Initially they thought the cam chain was making the noise due to a malfunctioning tensioner... they replaced that. The noise continued.

At this point I'm fairly pissed... I love my bike, but I didn't pick a yellow one because it looked like a fucking lemon. The dealer's NEW guess is that the cam chain itself was poorly machined, and are ordering in a new one that oh... ought to be here a week past never. Actually, it ought to be in by the beginning of next week, but at this point I'm sortof expecting the dealer/suzuki to cover some of my payment. I'll have lost use of the bike for nearly a month by the end of this I'll bet.

Any suggestions? Any experience with this?

:2hard
do they have lemon laws in your state that pertain to motorcycles?

·
Registered
97 Posts
ya i dont know about your area but i work at a dealer and they will definitly not be paying your payment. i would just keep riding it and hope the motor blows so they have to replace it. theyll pay for the parts and labor but thats all theyll do for you. be glad you didnt buy a honda cause there customer service is worse than suzuki.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I work at a car dealership, and they won't pay for your payment. I know it sucks to be out of a vehicle for a little bit, but the dealer itself didn't build the machine. They wern't the engineers, they are just selling the product. The best bet is to get ahold of Suzuki customer relations if you are going to pursue someone paying your payments. You should have that number with your owners manual, if you don't you can grab it from the dealership.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
http://autopedia.com/html/LemonLaw/WA_lemonlaw2.html

washington state lemon laws...

if I'm understanding this properly, they have 4 attempts to fix the problem within 30 days... that gives them 2 more attempts w/in the next 10 ish days..

after that:
(RCW 19.118.041)
If the manufacturer, its agent, or the new motor vehicle dealer is unable to conform the new motor vehicle to the warranty by repairing or correcting any nonconformity after a reasonable number of attempts, the manufacturer, within forty calendar days of a consumer's written request to the manufacturer's corporate, dispute resolution, zone, or regional office address shall, at the option of the consumer, replace or repurchase the new motor vehicle.

Resonable attempts defined:

(a) The same serious safety defect has been subject to diagnosis or repair two or more times, at least one of which is during the period of coverage of the applicable manufacturer's written warranty, and the serious safety defect continues to exist; (b) the same nonconformity has been subject to diagnosis or repair four or more times, at least one of which is during the period of coverage of the applicable manufacturer's written warranty, and the nonconformity continues to exist; or (c) the vehicle is out of service by reason of diagnosis or repair of one or more nonconformities for a cumulative total of thirty calendar days, at least fifteen of them during the period of the applicable manufacturer's written warranty

·
Registered
7 Posts
So in other words....if the dealership cant fix the problem within 40 days and they have had atleast 3 attempts, the bike falls under the lemon law which says you have the option to replace the faulty parts or replace the vehicle entirely...

careful though...some dealerships are sheisty :twofinger

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Make sure that those laws apply to motorcycles too. I know some states have lemon laws, but they only apply to cars and trucks, not toys like motorcycles or atvs.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Everett Powersports

I sortof friend of a friend knew one of the mech's there Cedric.. though he seems to be fairly busy with his own projects =/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.