Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a link to the jacket I purchased. http://www.joerocket.com/catalog/index.cfm/193/324/Textile_Jackets/Suzuki_Textile_Replica_Jacket

This is my new textile jacket. I got it as supplement to my Joe Rocket Leather Corona Jacket.

Looked at some Icons but didnt have anything that really appealed to me.
Anyhow Ive heard mixed reviews on Joe Rocket & Icon from some people who do not like Joe Rocket or Icon and people that love them... Just curious if anyone could comment on why they do or do not like either brand.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Okay, Rocket first: Joe Rocket, at one time, made a decent product cheap. It was stiff as a board, uncomfortable, but would protect you on a budget. Their new stuff has gone to shit. I'm sure competition in the market, combined with a slow economy, has caused them to cut corners. That's not good for a discount gear company whose products weren't top notch to begin with.

I'm biased because I hate textile jackets with a passion, take it with a grain of salt. Textile will grab pavement and bunch, pulling your armor pieces out of position and pretty much leaving you with just that flimsy textile between you and the road. '

Icon is a good company with a mediocre product. They cater to the thugs and wanna-be stunters. Customer service? Top notch! Product selection? Unmatched! Product? REALLY expensive for what it is. You can get A-stars or Sidi product for the same price and really have something.

Not being a real gear junkie, I ride with some guys who wear icon. Hard to miss, it says ICON in huge letters everywhere. They say "I got this for such and such a price!". Not too bad, I thought. Then I went looking for some new boots, and yeah, it's bad. For the price they pay for mediocre jackets with skulls and flames and shit, I could nab a full set of leathers, and have enough left over to dent the racing boot price. Jesus, their prices have skyrocketed. As a company, they are great. They just cater to an unfortunately large demographic of people. Save the cash, get A-Stars or something comparable before icon.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good info, I paid $191 w/tax for my Joe Rocket textile. (Got 25% off)

Anyhow I have a leather It is a size 44, fits fine.

On this textile however it is a Large size. When I wore it on my bike today, the top was all bunched up, kinda like I had a pair of breasts... do I really need a medium or does this jacket need to be broken in??? The sleeves are fine, I went with a large because I wanted to be able to get a sweatshirt under there w/o a problem. I thought the 44 leather meant the same as the large... which in the store it felt like it but on the bike its a whole different storey!

Should I go back and swing the medium if this is all bunched up when I crotched over on the bike?
What size would a 44 be in leather?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I wear an Icon mesh/textile/with leather in the elbows... and if fit great when I was 250... now that I am 205 the body of it still fits (lil big but not bunching up on me) but the arms are a bit long.. still a comfortable jacket in the summer and almost never wear a sweatshirt under it... thats why you have the leather.. or thats why I have mine anyway... here in FL you dont wear it in the summer unless you leave at night and return early am... in the day time youre gonna bake!
on to your problem: I'd say wear it a bit but you cant do that and take it back, and unless the spot you got it at is cool they arent taking it back now anyway... I always put the item on and go sit on one of their bikes to see how the cut fits then... as thats when you want it to fit perfect... I do this with boots, gloves, jackets, helmets... whatever...

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wear an Icon mesh/textile/with leather in the elbows... and if fit great when I was 250... now that I am 205 the body of it still fits (lil big but not bunching up on me) but the arms are a bit long.. still a comfortable jacket in the summer and almost never wear a sweatshirt under it... thats why you have the leather.. or thats why I have mine anyway... here in FL you dont wear it in the summer unless you leave at night and return early am... in the day time youre gonna bake!
on to your problem: I'd say wear it a bit but you cant do that and take it back, and unless the spot you got it at is cool they arent taking it back now anyway... I always put the item on and go sit on one of their bikes to see how the cut fits then... as thats when you want it to fit perfect... I do this with boots, gloves, jackets, helmets... whatever...
Yeah I tried that I can put the tags back on thats no problem and they will never know that I have worn it... I lost a lil weight too but the leather still fits fine, like I said its a size 44 (I dont know if that means large or what?) but yeah the large is bunching up on me... I think I may need the medium... sucks medium feels too small large feels too big. The sleeves are great, just the chest stomach area does not sit flush... when Im riding I really cant lean down cus its all bunched up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.