Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as most of you know, Auctmarts and I have a history on here and a couple other forums. In an attempt to bring glory back to their name sake, the good people at AUCTMARTS have sent me this kit in good faith that I will document the process and let you'll know how the quality is.

The packaging was proper, and the process was rather smooth as it should be. I picked my design from an existing one on their site, and they simply paint the track fairings the same scheme as they would the street.

I won't be putting this on my bike for a while bc the first kit they sent me is still holding up quite well after a low side at turn 5 NJMP and it falling off the side of my Kendon in Feb.

The paint came out gorgeous, even up close!! There were a few nicks and scratches on the tail section but that was all I could find.

If you are curious about how much this kit would cost you, it would be around $800 shipped.

Pics of the kit as I unpackaged it below.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/15[email protected]/shares/673098

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're the first I've ever seen with fiberglass from them, that's pretty awesome! Figured I ask again since I'd never seen it.
Yea they don't really advertise fiberglass kits on their site I've noticed, I originally found the listing on eBay and then contacted them directly.

This kit is definitely better quality fiberglass than the kit that's currently on my bike...more flexible and less brittle.

·
Registered
137 Posts
That last pic with the cardboard is probably the most legit thing I've seen in an auctmart post.... haha! Kidding! Looks great, very curious about an homest review on fitment and quality. I'm buying a track bike in a couple months and will want it to look "fancy"....

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That last pic with the cardboard is probably the most legit thing I've seen in an auctmart post.... haha! Kidding! Looks great, very curious about an homest review on fitment and quality. I'm buying a track bike in a couple months and will want it to look "fancy"....
I too thought that was really funny that was on the box....

This is the second complete track set I've gotten from these guys, so I can comment on both. The fitment of the tail and undertail was definitely off, but we made it work with cutting and bending. The full tank cover was also difficult to fit, and required some cutting as well. Lastly, the lower belly pan also needed cutting to accommodate my exhaust. This is all on an 07 750.

As for quality, the original Kit was very thick and brittle. It also seemed to have a thick plastic coating over the fiberglass which I have never seen before on bodywork. That said, I had one low side, and then dropped the bike off the side of my Kendon trailer in Feb slipped on ice and the bodywork is holding up quite well. The thick plastic coating is just chipped off, but the bodywork is still track ready.

The new kit in the photos is def from a different factory. The quality seems closer to Armour Bodies in thickness and flex. It def feels better than the old kit, but we won't know until we mount it up and test it out. I'm waiting until the kit on my bike now needs to be changed.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Love that exhaust on your bike. I put my own together and am now wanting a different slipon. The top quality GP slipons are expen$ive!

·
CCS/ASRA Expert #77
10,715 Posts
Can't wait to see it mounted, looks great from the pics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Love that exhaust on your bike. I put my own together and am now wanting a different slipon. The top quality GP slipons are expen$ive!
Thank you very much...I love the look of the exhaust so much that I bought a perfect spare that's just waiting to be mounted. The good thing about an older track bike, I got both slip Ons off eBay for $245. Shipped.

Can't wait to see it mounted, looks great from the pics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Thanks LW, looks good up close too which is great!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
You have a link to the ebay listing? Kinda curious, I really need some new bodywork, but am struggling with the price for good stuff for an '04.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
You have a link to the ebay listing? Kinda curious, I really need some new bodywork, but am struggling with the price for good stuff for an '04.
I bought mine, the original kit that is currently on my bike (silver, blue, and green), in 2016 so the purchase is no longer on my eBay account but I'll look into it for you.

Here you go http://www.ebay.com/itm/312016426268

Just go on their site and pick a color scheme or send them your own design and they paint it for an extra $100

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So as most of you know, Auctmarts and I have a history on here and a couple other forums. In an attempt to bring glory back to their name sake, the good people at AUCTMARTS have sent me this kit in good faith that I will document the process and let you'll know how the quality is.

The packaging was proper, and the process was rather smooth as it should be. I picked my design from an existing one on their site, and they simply paint the track fairings the same scheme as they would the street.

I won't be putting this on my bike for a while bc the first kit they sent me is still holding up quite well after a low side at turn 5 NJMP and it falling off the side of my Kendon in Feb.

The paint came out gorgeous, even up close!! There were a few nicks and scratches on the tail section but that was all I could find.

If you are curious about how much this kit would cost you, it would be around $800 shipped.

Pics of the kit as I unpackaged it below.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/shares/673098

Ok so I hate to do this, I really do but it has to be done. Before I go ahead and just type it can someone look at the pics and tell me what piece is missing from the fairing kit....it will blow your mind once you realize what part they “forgot” to send me. If you know the back story then this will be entertaining for sure.

Let me add that Auctmarts sent me this kit absolutely free of charge to make up for the BS they put me through for 6
Months. I went ahead and asked for the missing part twice and was told they would look into it and then when I asked again months later I was told to use my oem piece bc they cannot get me another one. (i find it strange that the guys selling these fairings don’t know that most oem parts won’t fit race glass)

I’m not one to complain too much but this is just comical at this point. Do I appreciate the free kit No Question but now I have to figure out how to make it work bc I’m missing a piece....

Awaiting replies...this should be fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,217 Posts
I see the nose, belly pan, super bike tail, front fender and tank cover in your pictures.

Maybe windshield?

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I see the nose, belly pan, super bike tail, front fender and tank cover in your pictures.

Maybe windshield?

Whoops, definitely doesn’t have a windshield but that isn’t what this is about.

Here’s a hint, it has a lot to do with the original problem....from the first kit. Connects to the Superbike tail.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Are the side fairings there?

With a track kit the upper is one piece with both sides. The other little pieces that go under the tank don’t come with these kits either.

·
Premium Member
8,217 Posts
The seat and/or saddle? Mine just has some foam pads glued on.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
The seat and/or saddle? Mine just has some foam pads glued on.
They def didn’t include a seat or a support for the tail I had to fabricate a ghetto version. That’s not it tho.

I’m just gonna say it...they forgot the Under-tail!! Of all the things they forgot the piece that caused all the problems
to begin with.

I dunno if it was intentional or not but it some coincidence if not.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts