Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to the site. hello everyone.

converting this 2001 gsxr 600 back to a street bike. bought it on ebay for $3,045. shipping is lookin like about $500. 4200 miles on it, SUPPOSEDLY. picked up a front fairing today on ebay for $170.00 as well. a tad steep but whatev. lookin for a headlight currently. signals and mirrors are kinda on the backburner for now. havent actually gotten the bike yet, just called the shipping company today. should have it in the next couple weeks. i'm plannin on paintin it a matte charcoal grey, very close to black. let me know what you think.

·
Registered
114 Posts
That's a good deal if you were gonna leave it as a track/racebike and if the sale was local. But since you're planning to convert it back to a street bike and since you had to have it shipped, it's probably gonna cost almost as much as clean titled, good condition street bike that probably hasn't had the piss rung out out like that one. My bike used to be a dedicated track bike, but the dude I bought it from still had the stock plastics to go with it along with the trick parts on the bike. Congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well he rode it as a street bike for most of the engine life. he only raced it one season, approx. 500 miles he said. i figure after signals, mirrors, headlight and a front fairing, i'll have about $4100.00 into it. i was kinda lookin for a little project too. somethin to get me into workin on bikes, but not somethin that was gonna take a whole season to fix up. and the mildly scuffed fairings give me a chance to get back into painting. the whole idea of buyin it as a project was so that i didnt have to front 4200-5000 bucks right off the bat. this way i can fix it gradually, as i get the money.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Good stuff. Sounds like a great idea. Don't forget that you'd also need a stock fairing stay too to hold the headlight. So what kinda mods does it have? Looks like it already has some rearsets, case covers, pipe, damper, and a blinging penske shock. Sweet :thumbup: .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
stock motor, race fairings, some 1300.00 shock that the guy said he's removing to put on another bike and he's puttin the stock one back in there. not sure on the make of the pipe. GPR steering dampener and PCIII. rearsets too as you pointed out. he says the front suspension is differnet than stock but we never discussed the brand. he's shipping a couple different sprocket sets with it and extra parts too. tire is a race tire but DOT approved, still street legal. lol no ridding in the rain for me.

and thanks for the tip bout the fairing stay. i knew that there was a possiblity it wasnt on the bike either, so i asked the guy, and apprently its not. so i'm checkin out prices on those too. thanks a bunch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.