Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I was on my way home around midnight on November 17th. A guy came out in front of me, trying to cross the road, I had nowhere to go. I don't remember that accident, memory loss was one injury I sustained. Broken wrist, which is now metal, busted knee, bruised spleen, and brain damage. The brain damage ended up only being memory loss. Memory loss does suck. Especially when you don't know half the stuff you are saying for a few weeks. Also I started work this week, and I don't remember how to do basically anything. It's rediculous, but I am still alive. So I guess I lucked out there.

In times like these you find out who your real friends are. My mom flew down from NY the same day, and stayed the entire 3 weeks while I was in the hostpital, and then stayed for a bit afterwards. She felt bad for leaving because I needed 24 hour supervision. My girl was there for me everyday. She spent the night in the Neuro ICU. That was one memory I do remember, waking up and seeing her sleeping in the chair by my bed. She is the best person I know. I LOVE YOU JENN! My best friend Dave was there being himself, trying to make me laugh and just making it a good time. Dave is the man! Unfortunately I don't remember everything, but I do have highlights in my mind.

Did I mention he was DRUNK?

New Gixxer 1000 K5 this year!! =)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Gixxer-k5 is the guy that I posted about a few months ago. It's wierd, I can't find the thread anymore, but it messed him up pretty good. There's a lot about his accident that none of us can understand, like, he never rode with his rear cowl on, cuz it was scratched, and it was on the bike in the accident.....all kinds of strange things were with that accident and we'll never have answers. Mike is a whole lot better now, and he's even gotten back on a bike now. Can't wait till you get your new bike bro! We're gonna ride like nothing ever happened. I miss my favorite riding partner, though. Can't wait till the weather warms back up......plus I gotta fix the 1000. Peace!

·
Registered
706 Posts
I am glad to hear that you are getting better, that is great man :thumbup: , I was wondering since your worst injury was to your brain(atleast it sounds like it was) were you wearing a helmet? I am wondering because here in Colorado they don't have a helmet law and alot of riders out here argue about if wearing a helmet hurts or helps in an accident. Some say it doesn't take that much of the impact away and others say it is easier to break your neck in a wreck if you have a helmet on...I personally always wear my helmet, I just wanted an opinion from someone that has been in a bad accident first hand. Thank You.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I was wearing a helmet. Without a doubt if I weren't, I'd be dead. Helmets are the smartest thing to wear. I think NO HELMET states are pretty much giving away there citizens for organ donations. Here are some pics of what became of my helmet. I will definately by another one of these helmets, they do a good job, for a great price.

The white scrape is actually concave, it is where my head slid on the pavement for a decent amount of time..

Just some scuff marks..

The bottom of the helmet is messed up as well. I actually bit my tongue and it left quite the puncture wound on it. I believe that is where my bite came from.

Scorpion EXO are the best helmets around! It saved my life. :bowdown:

·
Registered
124 Posts
lil6.....we both ride here in Raleigh.....If you ever want to ride, me and mike (gixxer-k5) will ride with ya'. Yeah, andrew was in the army, so I'm sure he got what was coming to him from them. Plus mike is gonna get a FAT check.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sorry about your bike bro...at least ur ok tho and your getting back into riding.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
wipeout600 said:
i just wrecked my 04 gsxr 600 as well it almost looks like yours. i wasnt hit by anybody but iwas being dumb. hope you get better.
thats usually the cause of most bike wrecks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.