Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Taylormade map on my power commander, its made for a stock 06 gsxr 600 with a taylormade.

It rides decent

If I put just a stock map on , will I notice a difference? My question is not exactly that.. My question is.. doesn't the pc3 automatically adjust the air ratio as you ride? So even if I have a stock map or taylormade map, won't it just adjust itself to the best ratio anyways? Kinda confusing but someone will understand what im asking im sure

I was going to do this to just feel the change. I'm thinking maybe the taylormade map isn't the best, and the stock map might work better. The low-end throttle response isn't that good with the taylormade map, it still pops when i let off the throttle too... and id like to see if it fixes it if I upload a stock map. If it doesn't ill end up sometime getting a custom tune but anyways to my question above.

·
Registered
441 Posts
you will probably not notice a difference in feel from getting a custom map, or changing maps. Difference in HP, torque is marginal at best. The purpose of it is to correct your fuel:air ratio.

Dyno tune will smooth out flat spots on a dyno curve, but...actually riding....you may not "feel" a difference.

from the preloaded maps....it has been suggested to me, and with good result....use the orient express slip on map. All the others are too rich.

The PC adjust your fuel injectors, not effecting air. Changing your air filter, changes your air, so you adjust that by fixing the ratio using the PC and your fuel injectors.

:)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im confused

If the powercommander adjusts itself automatically while riding for the best setting , then what do maps even do?

Whether I have a taylormade map or a stock map, won't it just adjust itself automatically to the best setting?

I'm going to be installing frame guards on my bike and will have it stripped down to no fairings, so I want to change the map at the same time and test ride it to see what difference it is.

My map now is the taylormade map.. my bike runs a little ho, throttle response is good everywhere except at beginning rpms and sometimes theirs a wierd lag-spot in mid range...

·
Registered
109 Posts
The PCIII does not automatically adjust as you ride, it uses pre made maps for your modifications.
The PCV with the optional auto tune system will adjust as you ride to build a map. It is made for 09 model bikes.

Best bet is to get to a dyno and have the map checked. This way you can see how well your bike is running.

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
Later model Power Commanders with 02 sensor integration aside, the PC will only modify the stock ECU map statically. All a map is, is a table of fuel feed settings for various throttle and RPM combinations, which is adjusted by various sensor feedbacks (IAP, IAT, and others.) The PC adds an adjustment to the base map contained in the ECU.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Later model Power Commanders with 02 sensor integration aside, the PC will only modify the stock ECU map statically. All a map is, is a table of fuel feed settings for various throttle and RPM combinations, which is adjusted by various sensor feedbacks (IAP, IAT, and others.) The PC adds an adjustment to the base map contained in the ECU.
Ok..

I was thinking with two similiar maps, a taylormade slip on map and stock map that the PC would adjust it and basically run the same with either one..

but you guys say it doesnt auto adjust, so I think I understand now.

I will end up putting on the stock map and cruising out and seeing if it fixes some popping on letting off the throttle and low end take-off power

·
Registered
914 Posts
do the pair mod that fixs the poping, my bike poped whenever i let off the throttle. so i did the pair mod and now it only pops once in awhile.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.