Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess its my turn... Here are my toys... Not too many miles on my 750....I hate the rain!...LOL

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Nice bike man. I love the 750's. Undertail looks good too, what else you got in the works to get done to it?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ski,

Deciding on an Akra bolt on vs race system, PCIII, waiting for the watsens lites, got a puig double bubble windscreen(smoke) on order...The list is getting longer every day...

·
Registered
67 Posts
i would personally go with the slip-on exhaust
race exhaust are made for race aplications
removing the exhaust valve will make you bike feel worse 'on the road' other than the top end hit
midrange is nice too!
slip-on,PC,filter and -1 tooth in front and you'll be presently surprised
and you can probably buy it all for the price of the akra full system
$.02

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Do the new 750's have the SET valve too? I thought it was only the 1000's. I know the 00-03 750 doesn't, but what about the 04?

·
Registered
67 Posts
750 adn the 6 now have it, i think
im pretty sure that in the mag pics i saw they had a valve
suzukis site doesnt say crap other than its made out of stainless and Ti

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
good info to know.

·
Registered
67 Posts
reyd1 can answer this i guess

reyd go look at your exhaust! NOW!!! :cool:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I would guess they don't ,because on the 1000 it says on the site that it has the SET valve but on the 6 and the 750 it doesn't say it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
either way i stick by my advice for the mods he should make

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Yea, just a Bolt on, unless you are racing the thing and need the extra power.

And on the 1000's if you get a slip on it removes the SET vavle, but if you get a Bolt on it doesn't.

·
Registered
234 Posts
My 750 is just header to the can there is nothing else. Not sure what this set thing looks like but I don't think Fl bikes have them. But could Ca. bikes?

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
no as far as I know its only on the 1000, the SET, is Suzuki Exhaust Tuning valve. Its on the 01-04 1000's, and its supposed to controll back pressure for better performance through the powerband.You would see cables running to a big thing on the pipe, where the mid and header come together.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Why.....

Friend of mine changed the Wheels (Oz) and the bike feels like 50 pound less. I can tell you ´coz both of us have the same bike same year Gsxr600 2003.

·
Registered
249 Posts
maybe stupid question but what happens when you remove it (SET valve)?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow...Been away from the computer for two days....Yup I only see headers on my 750... So a slip on it is! That will save me some bucks for other mods... Cool Thanks for the advice. Was riding in the rain because I was going into withdrawals not riding.... Took Ski's advice....LOL

1 - 20 of 33 Posts