Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i took this track bike and converted it back to street legal. new mirrors, signals, body work and paint--done by me--to some used fairings and the tank. definitely not professional by any means. very amateur rebuild. but i'm quite happy with it. i'm not into flash or nothing. just keep it simple.

before:

after:

m4 exhaust. +3 sprocket in the rear. yet to put on the windscreen. custom rear signal bracket made from 12 inch section of aluminium plating. lol no tools at my apartment here, so i used a hacksaw and then a rubber mallet to bend the ends down. lol ghetto i know. i was semi impressed with it considering the circumstances. uh what else. gpr steering dampener. yet to buy the passenger pegs and seat. but hopefully soon. let me know what you think.

ps. sorry bout big picture size.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Hey nice going but I got a question do you have any front end problems due to the shocks being worked for the track or re-worked and with the lip being slightly bent do you have any problems?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
uh no problems with the front shocks. previous owner said that they werent stock. but thats the only info he gave me. front preload is adjustable like 8-10 ways. not sure how many. i asked him to set the bike up more towards stock so i wouldnt get into trouble in any corners, turnin in too quick and what not. when the shippers dropped it off and i first rode it, it was tank slappin real bad. so i just dialed down that front preload 5 or 6 clicks or so and havent had a problem since. not only that but it wasnt raced for very long apparently. real amateur, and only a couple seasons. so i dont think the shocks were worked too horribly. lol maybe thats just me justifying. and no i havent noticed any problems with that lip being bent. altough i have looked into prices on wheels just in case. some decent prices on ebay. i'm not too worried.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I think I am gonna have to change the color of my bike. HAHA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.