Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
U can only use one from 96 to 99. The 2k's are a different frame. How many miles do you have on your engine? I too have a 98 750 and I have a brand new in the crate engine waiting for my current engine to die. The engine in it is still running strong, might be a long time before I need to do a swap. Good luck to you. BTW why don't you just rebuild your engine. Put some cams, port, JE overbore kit in it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
U can only use one from 96 to 99. The 2k's are a different frame. How many miles do you have on your engine? I too have a 98 750 and I have a brand new in the crate engine waiting for my current engine to die. The engine in it is still running strong, might be a long time before I need to do a swap. Good luck to you. BTW why don't you just rebuild your engine. Put some cams, port, JE overbore kit in it?
it has 36000 on it everyone keep telling me its cheaper to replace then repair...

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
The 01-02 1000 motor will fit into the SRAD, but I definitely would not say it's cheaper to custom fit a motor into a bike than fix it. You gotta get the whole wiring harness for the motor AND get/make custom motor mounts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
brand new in the crate engine

Where do you buy a brand new in the crate engine from?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.