Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Monster Truck Driver
6,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do i track baby ??? And get a new street bike :shifty?? Help a girl out man..

·
Registered
582 Posts
well if you are talking about the 99 in your sig, then yes track it this is assuming that you are doing this for fun and not trying to make a living off wins!! and if you get a new or newer street bike you dont have to worry about tearing up the new bike.... now if you get something older or same as your current then the street one should be the nicest of the 2.... thats my opinion..

·
Monster Truck Driver
6,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well if you are talking about the 99 in your sig, then yes track it this is assuming that you are doing this for fun and not trying to make a living off wins!! and if you get a new or newer street bike you dont have to worry about tearing up the new bike.... now if you get something older or same as your current then the street one should be the nicest of the 2.... thats my opinion..
yeahhhh def looking to just gace funn. Been wanting to for years,,, founf a Honda 929 ans a 01 750 fpr street,, just dunno where to start ya knoq.. all in due time i guess

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Glad to hear you're going to get on the track after all this time. Honestly, you could easily find an 01-03 GSXR 600 track bike completely set up for around $2,000-$3,000. Even though that year GSXR was slightly heavy to turn in compared to the R6's of the time. You could also easily find 99-01 R6 track bikes for $1,800-$2,500 set up. The only thing you may have to do is put in lighter springs in the forks/shock but that should only cost you a few hundred with labor. If you wanted to step it up to an 04-05 GSXR600 then you could easily find one for $3,500-$4,000 and negociable at that. It would probably cost you about $1,500-$2,500 to set up your current 99 GSXR if you went that route.

·
Monster Truck Driver
6,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks loadz for all the info ... Ive only been seriously looking out here in Cali for a couple weeks.. so far the 929 & the750 were the reasonably priced one.. my mech sugg that U juat track baby cuz Im comfy with her...but ouch.. I gotta say Im attached to her.... where should I begin my search ?

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
thanks loadz for all the info ... Ive only been seriously looking out here in Cali for a couple weeks.. so far the 929 & the750 were the reasonably priced one.. my mech sugg that U juat track baby cuz Im comfy with her...but ouch.. I gotta say Im attached to her.... where should I begin my search ?
Be patient and wait until end of Sept and into Oct/Nov to get a track bike. The market will be flooded with track/race bikes being sold off so the guys can use that money to build up bikes over the off season. You'll have tons to choose from in the 600cc range. The GSXR 750 is a great track bike as well if you have your heart set on it but they are few and far between. I actually got my 06 750 completely set up with 900 miles and spare wheels, parts, and bodywork for $5,000 and that was in late 2007. Check with the CCS, WERA, NESBA forums but I believe CCS is more your area. Are you against going to pick up the bike out of state or having it shipped? Shipping a bike is about $500-ish.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Do you still come down to Texas from time to time? If so and if you find a deal here in Texas I'd be happy to pick it up and hold it for you until you visit again.

·
Monster Truck Driver
6,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you still come down to Texas from time to time? If so and if you find a deal here in Texas I'd be happy to pick it up and hold it for you until you visit again.
thanks loadz !! I need to get my ass back to TX soon & see family while they are alive...I suck at this whole patience thingy, but I will try to hold out and find a good deal on one :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.