Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a new pipe on the bike and it was giving an error code with check engine light on, since I removed the SET valve. I was told to remove from the ecu wiring harness, the black and brown wire with green spots... well, there was more than one and I pulled the wrong one. I couldn't get it back in and now the little pin that goes into the harness broke. It broke up high, where the wire crimps into it. The bitch just wouldn't go back in the harness.

so unless anybody has any quick fix ideas I'll be having to take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Yank the right wire out. use a pick or something small and pointed. Carefully remove the pin from that wire then carefully replace it on the other wire. Re-install into the plug.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good idea, but how can I keep from trashing the other pin when I try to push it back in?

They go in from the back side, right? I got it in most of the way, but couldn't get it in all the way when I trashed the first one.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not only that, but when I was trying to put the pin back in the first time and it broke...now it's stuck inside. I tried to push it out from the front side with a drill bit and the bit broke off in it. This fucking thing won't come out!

Is there a way that the harness will come apart and I can easily pull the pin out?

If I can get the old pin out, I may just drill that hole out , plug the harness in, then install that pin directly through to the ecu.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok...so I took the extra pin and soldered it on the wire I needed to put back in. I took the harness apart to get the broken pin and drill bit out...which was successful.

I then put the soldered pin in, but can't get the harness back together properly. I think I will just haul it to the dealer and let them fix it. I'm pissed off and tired of working on it.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I really cant figure out what you are doing wrong. In this case I would save the $150.00 or possibly more and just connect the two wires together. Just bypass the connector and connect then using a male and female connector.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The problem is that I removed the wrong pin, and when I went to put it back in, the pin broke. I then removed the right pin and used it on the one I needed to put back in place. I had to take the harness apart to get the old pin out, and now can't get it back together.

I think I'll just take it to the dealer and let them fix it...that way I know it's right and I won't have it break down on me sometime due to a bad connection in the harness.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
The only thing that I am not seeing is why it wont go back together. The dealer is gonna rape you on fixing it. They are also going to say that you tampered with the harness by removing a wire. Just trying to save you some money. Before you go to the shop make sure that everything is lining up properly inside the plug.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One look at it and you'd see what I mean. I just can't describe it well enough for you to envision it. The entire problem is that I can't line up all the pins. I have found harnesses pretty cheap used, so I think I'll just do that and know it's done right and won't short out, leaving me stranded someday.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I've got a wire harness for a 01-02 GSXR 1000 if thats what you need, hit me up.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What do you want for it? If you want to, email or IM me the price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts