Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys My Cuz Just Got An 01 Gsxr600 And This Is His First Bike....he Has Ran In The Grass A Couple Times And Told Me The Steering Is Really Tight. Do You Guys Know Why It Is Hard For Him To Steer. I Took It Out And Found Out The Same Thing, Please Help!!!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
The stock damper on GSXRs are kinda stiff, or if it is an aftermarket one, may need to be adjusted :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Either A: he doesnt realize this is a motorcycle and not a 4 wheeler, they turn different

B: he has an aftermarket Damper that needs to be adjusted

or
C: his steering stem bearings are either bad, not greased enough, or tightened too tight.

Get a manual if it is C and check out the torque on those bearirng.s

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well last night i thought it was the damper, so i took it off, but it was still pretty tough to steer....guys i ride, i know how to steer but i guess i shoulda told you guys that to help you out. but the funny thing is my stunt bike...a 954... handles 10x's as good as this thing is and that should be happenin!!! also i think i am gonna check "C" out motojoe. thanx guys i'll let you guys know what happens.....

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
haha don't laugh at him!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
yes a badly worn front tire will mae turnign VERY slow.

A buddy of mine wore his tire down LOW and when I changed it he complained becasue it turned different and felt like ti fell over on him in corners :rofl: I told him that it now turns RIGHT you jackass

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Motojoe_23 said:
flat front tire............... :rofl:
:thumbup: :thumbup: I was gonna say that, but he already posted up he got it fixed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.