Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an 03 GSXR 750 & want to polish my frame but I'm not sure how to. I believe there is a clear coat on the frame - does that need to be removed before I polish it, and if so what's the best stuff to use to remove it? :cool:

·
Registered
543 Posts
i have a link somewhere on my pc for a great polishing page as soon as i find it i'll post it. some other people on here have it 2 so you might get that link really soon, i'd sit here and type the process for ya but i'm about to go to sleep. i'll hunt for that link 2marra :thumbup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
here is the method i used. a lot of people disagree. start with 180 grit paper, move to 220 then 320 then to 400 wet. after sanding start buffing with a hard spiral wheel with emery compound. follow that with a soft spiral sewn with tripoli. finish with a flannel buff with white rouge. look great and allows less sanding and more polishing. stopping at 400 wet does away with the cloudy look most people get when sanding to a very high grit.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I skipped the sane paer all together, and if you are CAREFULL, it comes out great.

I used a "scotchbright" pad on a right angle die grinder (you can find them for grinders and sanders though) to get all the casting out (lower frame area), and to take the paint off.

Then used a 4" grinder with a polishing wheel to polish with differnt jewelers rouges. Then finally used flanel cloth to do a final poish with the rouge.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I have a few ideas now and hope to start on it with in a couple of weeks... I'll let you all know how it turns out...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts