Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 GSXR 750 and for some reason anytime I have the bike on and stoped (like say at a red light) I can’t pop it into neutral. But if I turn the bike off (or to go park) I’m capable of putting it into neutral. I have no idea what to do. It also seems that the gears are getting harder and harder to press any tips or information really helps. I’m a new rider and I love to ride I’m just afraid that it might be something serious. I don’t want to break the bike so please help if you can.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,979 Posts
How is your oil? These bikes have a wet clutch and dirty oil can make shifting feel different or sluggish.

Have you had the shift linkage off lately? It is easy to put it on poorly aligned and that will make shifting different.

Final thing would be to check and adjust your clutch.

·
Super Moderator
9,411 Posts
I have a 2007 GSXR 750 and for some reason anytime I have the bike on and stoped (like say at a red light) I can’t pop it into neutral. But if I turn the bike off (or to go park) I’m capable of putting it into neutral. I have no idea what to do. It also seems that the gears are getting harder and harder to press any tips or information really helps. I’m a new rider and I love to ride I’m just afraid that it might be something serious. I don’t want to break the bike so please help if you can.
Welcome.

It should not be anything major and just sounds like you need to adjust the clutch.

You can start with the easy adjustment which is that knurled wheel at the clutch lever. Screw it is (shorten the cable) enough so you have about 1/4" of free play at the lever tip. If it is already screwed in, you should probably take it to a shop so they can do the second adjustment at the engine.

Let us know if that works.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How is your oil? These bikes have a wet clutch and dirty oil can make shifting feel different or sluggish.

Have you had the shift linkage off lately? It is easy to put it on poorly aligned and that will make shifting different.

Final thing would be to check and adjust your clutch.
The oil change seemed to fix the problem thank you very much

1 - 4 of 4 Posts