Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need spring pads for a 2004 GSXR750. These are the plates that fit to the back of the front brake calipers. If you have a pair I could have and can send them to me by thu 05/14 please let me know, I will cover all costs of course. Or you can meet me at VIR on fri 5/15 and I will pay you for them.
I'm sure someone out there has removed them and they are now just laying around in the garage somewhere.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Are you talking about those thin metal plates that cover the pads on the back of the caliper? If so, those are just dust covers and most track junkies and racers run without them to allow more air to flow through the pads to reduce brake fade. I don't have them on any of my GSXR's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes that's exactly what I'm talking about. Do you still have yours and how much for them?
They are there to stop the pads moving inside the caliper and without them my brakes have a very scary knocking noise

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
yes that's exactly what I'm talking about. Do you still have yours and how much for them?
They are there to stop the pads moving inside the caliper and without them my brakes have a very scary knocking noise
I threw mine away. You don't need them if it's for a track bike. There is no benefit except for noise reduction and I know the noise you are talking about...I've been hearing it for the last 7 yrs of track riding (you only hear it in the pit or with the bike off). Your bike will not be effected without them in any way.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Don't ever get or convert to full floaters if you don't like the knock back rattle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know, I've removed them from all my other track bikes no problem, but this one just goes clunk, clunk, clunk, clunk. When I pushed the bike over to tech the guy heard me from 30ft away and gave me a very odd look. With the front wheel off the ground, if you spin the wheel by hand you can see the brake pads moving up and down.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
I know, I've removed them from all my other track bikes no problem, but this one just goes clunk, clunk, clunk, clunk. When I pushed the bike over to tech the guy heard me from 30ft away and gave me a very odd look. With the front wheel off the ground, if you spin the wheel by hand you can see the brake pads moving up and down.
Less resistance on the rotors with the knockback of the pistons into the caliper. If they tech guy new GSXR's very well then he would know that often people remove them.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
I have full floater buttons on my front rotors so my rotors sound like a freakin tamborine when rolling in the paddock

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.