Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I got a 06 gsxr 600 and im trying to add some more power. so far i have a intak and i just ordered a blueflame slip on. i was gonna go with a dynojet powercommander next but wut do u guys think would be the best for me to do. also if i do go with a power commander should i still get the bike dynoed or are the tunes that come with the commander good enough.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Performance 101- slipons=poo AKA no power added. if you want anything out of it get a full system. If you get a power commander get a custom map if you can. I have a PC3 and am about to buy the Bazaaz autotune. If you dont plan on doing 160+ do a sprocket swap and a speedohealer.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Why are you so set on the blue flame? Theres plenty of companies out there that make full systems. And by intak im guesing you mean high flow air filter?

To actually get your moneys worth and get the best power/performance out of the power commander, you should get it dyno tuned. The downloadable maps are kinda generic, and you wont get the most performance outa them, could also hurt your bike if the tune is way off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it wasnt really that im stuck on the blue flames just that i already bought it. And i was told a full system really doesnt do to much for a 600 for the money and that i should just go with a slipon and get rid of the cat

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well if power is what you want. A full system will do more then a slip on will ever dream of. And theres not really a whole lot you can do to these bikes besides exhaust thats gona add much power. Unless you tear into the motor and spend thousands of dollars. Power commander and a full exhaust is about it unless you want to get serious.

·
Registered
971 Posts
do sprocket change. most bang for the buck. i went down a tooth on the front, and up a tooth on the back. great performance mod.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.