Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a bike that I can repair and build myself because i think it would be fun and a better way to get a bike then getting a loan and buying one. This way i can gradually put it together and start riding, plus it will be a good learning experience. Anyways I have found a bike that has been wrecked. It is a 1997 GSXR 600. It has 14k miles and they are wanting 650 for it. From the pictures just to get it riding it needs pretty much a whole front end, because the tubes are bent and the front rim is bent. If you could look at the pics and tell me what you think it would help me a lot in me decision on buying this project.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lary.lehman/1997GSXR750?feat=email#

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
If youre talking $650 for the bike....DO IT! Sure it had issues but if you put some TLC into her it will be a hell of a deal for you. That depend also on what you are willing to put into it.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
That sounds like a pretty good deal but I wouldn't expect to salvage much more than the motor and a few odds and ends. The way the forks are bent, I would bet your steering head is completely fubared as are the triples.

·
Registered
47 Posts
if you know people that know bike well than sure. or if you are pretty familiar too than go ahead...what you need to ask yourself is how soon do you actually want to be riding...because who knows how long it could take to put one back together

·
Registered
87 Posts
Besides needing a whole new front end, you can see the can is really dented up i wouldnt be suprised if the subframe bent up. And do you know if there are any mechanical issues?? In all the bike needs a lot of work. You can probably pick up the same year 600 for less then it would cost to fix it. There are better deals on fixer uppers if your willing to spend 2K or a little more for a much more recent year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.