Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the '05 cbr 600rr and i've been practicing wheelies for a while now. In first gear I clutch it up and have gotten it pretty high quite a few times. My peoblem is keeping it up. The problem is that when I clutch it up, sometimes it gets higher than other times so I never know how high it's going to get. When I do get it high enough to ride it out, it's usually unexpected and I instinctively close the throttle and the front end slams down pretty hard. On this bike, what's the best method in getting the front wheel up with consistency and to be able to ride it for a good amount of time? I've been reading the posts and earlier I went out on the access road and rode first gear until I was inside the power ban but I couldn't seem to get it up that way. I sat far back on the seat, balanced my weight, rode it to about 9k rpms and slammed it. I could feel the bike wanting to come up but it didn't. Could someone reply on the best way to ride out a wheelie on this bike step by step? thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
not saying ur a pussy but i was then i realize u need to lean back take alot of practice but ull get how i do it is i hold the clucth and gas it then let go of the clucth then i lean back and i get a nice wheelie :bike:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
It just takes practice. Clutching them up is fine you just need to learn where the right height is and get used to it. It will feel too high at first, but with time you will get more confident with the front coming up higher. Just practice practice practice. Soon enough you will be riding some long ass wheelies. :thumbup:

·
Registered
372 Posts
first off, dont clutch first gear unless your about to do circles or walk a 5mph wheelie, just work on 1st gear power up and hold them for days, or clutch up in second, start small work big you dont want to loop out, it is too expensive. just learn to be quik with the throttle, and ALWAYS cover your rear brake, unless you have a hand brake, but just learn to bounce the throttle while up its easy and then youll be able to ride long smooth ones later

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
first time I popped the wheel up I didn't mean to, it scared the shit out of me, then I got on a straight bit of road and just kept popping the clutch over and over, I was hooked then...seemed unnatural at first, like I was going to destroy the bike, but I realized that I could do it without the clutch, and I really took off...key is getting your confidence up, and learning what your bike can do, and letting it do it's thing...

·
Registered
73 Posts
stackle2 said:
first time I popped the wheel up I didn't mean to, it scared the shit out of me, then I got on a straight bit of road and just kept popping the clutch over and over, I was hooked then...seemed unnatural at first, like I was going to destroy the bike, but I realized that I could do it without the clutch, and I really took off...key is getting your confidence up, and learning what your bike can do, and letting it do it's thing...
same thing with me on my first dirt bike the 50cc it poped up when i rev to early when i was off roading on these abandon tracks near my house

·
Registered
372 Posts
gsxr_teen said:
same thing with me on my first dirt bike the 50cc it poped up when i rev to early when i was off roading on these abandon tracks near my house
you should ride my fiddy, it would tear your ass up, the pucker factor is up there

·
Registered
980 Posts
bigloads said:
I have the '05 cbr 600rr and i've been practicing wheelies for a while now. In first gear I clutch it up and have gotten it pretty high quite a few times. My peoblem is keeping it up. The problem is that when I clutch it up, sometimes it gets higher than other times so I never know how high it's going to get. When I do get it high enough to ride it out, it's usually unexpected and I instinctively close the throttle and the front end slams down pretty hard. On this bike, what's the best method in getting the front wheel up with consistency and to be able to ride it for a good amount of time? I've been reading the posts and earlier I went out on the access road and rode first gear until I was inside the power ban but I couldn't seem to get it up that way. I sat far back on the seat, balanced my weight, rode it to about 9k rpms and slammed it. I could feel the bike wanting to come up but it didn't. Could someone reply on the best way to ride out a wheelie on this bike step by step? thanks

bigloads---how long have you been riding for?......

i would just try to get it up little by little untill you feel comfortable with riding on one wheel---make sure you know how to gas it on the come down or your gonna be on EBAY hunting down a front fairing stay and possibly some other front fairing stuff---just keep practicing on little power up wheelies in first gear--there should be no problem with standing your bike straight up in first gear by letting it ride until about 6-8k and cracking it back (depending on how much you wanna actually help the bike lift up, and your weight)--its not that hard to do,--even with a honda-- :lol: but you just have to get comfortable with the bike lifting on one wheel.

just remember to keep your front wheel straight when you come down---you dont have a stabalizer-- :)

and thanks for coming to a gsxr site :thumbup: -your halfway there!

·
Registered
229 Posts
practice dude

Practice dude, just keep on the gas and roll with it. I pop mine round 4-5k with ass back in the seat and a good lean. It's easy just practice.good luck :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.