Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Need some help!! 99 GSX-R 750

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  r_meintel 
#1 ·
Hey what's up everyone! I'm thinking about buying a 99 GSX-R 750 with 7500 miles on it for $2,000. The only thing is that it needs a new bolt I guess for the oil? Not to sure because I don't know anything about Motorcycles according to the person that I might purchase it from, the bolt that is on there now is leaking oil. Does anyone know where I can find this bolt? So as of right now the bike apart the fairings are off and so is the gas tank. Well at least the bolts are all off. Is this a fairly simple project? or is it something that I'm gonna need someone to put it back together for me? Would be great if anyone has a step by step that I can follow I tried finding the service manual for it but I couldn't find one to d/l but did find one to purchase for 80.00 so if all fails probably gonna end up buying that. Anyhelp from anyone would be great. Is that a good price to buy the GSX-R for? $2000.00

Thank you

kre8

#2 ·
MORE INFORMATION AND POSSIBLY A PICTURE
Lots of bolts on that bike oonly ones that would cause leak is the oil plug which is at bottom others can too but this is 1st one that comes to mind :headscrat

#4 ·
whtthundysc said:
might wanna find out some more info before you buy it

--make sure all the bolts, pieces/fairings are all complete

Well I was looking at some schematics and I think it might be the oil drain plug. I will actually find out this weekend when I go there, as far as all the fairings being there they are all intact No visiable damge to any part of the bike that I saw. Only thing that I saw that was off was the headlight fairing but that was inside a cardboard with it's screws. The bike has been sitting there for almost a year he said. I know the battery is dead, is there anything else I should be looking for b4 I get myself into something that's gonna give me nothing but headaches?

TIA

kre8

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.