Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a little help with my bike. i have a 1997 gix 750. the problem i am having is that when i grab a lotta throttle from a stand still, i can only get to the top of second gear before it sputters and shuts down. i let it sit for 30 seconds and it fires right up. when driving normal, it will run all day. i thought maybe the carbs were emptying out when i get on it. i pulled the fuel pump to look at the screen and its clear, then i checked the filter in the line, also ok. to me if feels like the carbs run out of fuel and then when i let it sit, they refill. possibly a faulty pump? am i going the wrong way with this? any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance...

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
almost deffinately a bad pump. Disconnect the fuel hose and run a longer one to a bucket on the ground, then turn the keyon to make it prime. If it is not a steady stream, the pump is bad. if it does apear to be a steady stream, you need to hook a hot wire up to the pump to make it run constantly. time it for 1 minute, it should pump 1 liter at a minimum.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry it took so long to get back. def. a bad pump. i disconnected it, and checked it during prime. hardly anything came out. i don't know how this thing was running. but thanks alot for your help. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Yeah it should be like a garden hose at prime. :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts