Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 750 and I think my lower triple tree is twiked. When I mount my front wheel it point a little right when sitting on the bike. I have some 04 1000 forks and tree will I need to mod anything, or will the 100 forks just bolt right up?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to stunt and the only time I ever drop the bike it took a wierd bounce and broke the right stopper on the lower triple. now the handle bar will hit the tank when i turn them to the right. So I am guessing that something is twiked. everything looks straight its just when you line the top triple up even with the frame you notice the wheel is pointing right. Also I would like to replace the forks just because they are old and i have put a lot of endo rolls on them. I just wanna know what options i have to replace the forks. As in can i put 03 or 04 1000 forks in, or do i need to put in 750 600 forks?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i just took the whole thing apart and on the back of the lower TT there is a small crack. And one of the forks is shot i can compress most of it with my hands. Am i going to need to mod anything to mount those 1000 forks my friend has?

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
I'm pretty sure the fork diameters are different but I'm not positive. You might try http://www.ronayers.com for their parts fiches and see if you can match up part numbers. My guess is if the lower triple is the same part number for both bikes, the forks should work (but that is a guess though.) And if your lower triple is cracked, well, it's a no brainer that will have to be replaced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.