Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone first post here,
Question,
I have a 2003 GSX-R1000 and I currently have an M4 Titanium that I don't really like the looks of too much. I like the looks of the newer factory exhaust cans I can make a bracket and all that not worried about how to hook up Im just worried could it damage my bike? I am looking at a 08 gsxr600's pipe....
Thanks & Happy 4th almost!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Hey everyone first post here,
Question,
I have a 2003 GSX-R1000 and I currently have an M4 Titanium that I don't really like the looks of too much. I like the looks of the newer factory exhaust cans I can make a bracket and all that not worried about how to hook up Im just worried could it damage my bike? I am looking at a 08 gsxr600's pipe....
Thanks & Happy 4th almost!
you like the looks of the k8 600 stock exhaust? :headscrat i hope you ment to say the k7 thats the shortie exhaust.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Good luck with the details, But I dont think you will damage the bike any doing so. Sounds like just another custom setup to me.

·
Registered
552 Posts
It shouldnt damage it at all. But I would think a 600 pipe would be designed to flow less then a 1000 pipe. I wouldnt be surprised if it actually lowered the the performance a little. The stock pipe is also gona quiet down quite a bit, so thats something to keep in mind if you like a little noise, like most of us. I would probably look more for 1000 pipes, so you dont hurt the performance so much. Personally I think the best looking stock pipe they put on the 1k was the K5-K6 models.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would suggest buying an exhaust that was meant for YOUR bike, not another... ESPECIALLY a different cc bike.

If you buy an exhaust meant for another bike,
you might have to rejet the carbs to make the bike run at 100%...
and rejeting takes a lot of experience, i wouldn't even attempt it myself. :shifty
(meaning you would probably have to pay to get it done)

You might get lucky and have no problem at all, but you need to weigh out that risk.
It would probably be worth a little extra bit of money/looks to get
the exhaust that will keep your bike running how it is supposed to.

Hope this helps!

-Nick

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hey nick, its a 2003, fuel injected. But even with the FI bikes, if you do a full exhaust upgrade it is highly recommended to get a power commander and have it tuned. Just changing the can dosnt usually change enough to require you get it tuned thou. But like you and I have both said, I would atleast get a can that was made for your bikes cc's, even if its not specifically for that model of bike.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
sounds good i will see if i can find the one i like on the 1000's im sure they look the same just havent looked.
thanks guys. also i have the power commander III usb and i cant get the software to install on my pc im running vista, is it vista compatible?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.