Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you're nice to her and treat her well, she'll go until you make her stop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I was just wondering because my brother said you can only get 10,000 miles out of a bike.

Does anyone know the exact miles that you can get out of one. :hmmm:

·
Registered
317 Posts
I've read on the sv board of guys with over 100k on their bikes. Just keep up with the maintnence and it should last as long as you own it. Hell there are still people riding bikes from the '70's right. Why shouldn't the new stuff last as long?

·
Registered
4 Posts
km on bikes

Man I would want more than 16000km out of a bike as it would get pretty expensive! I think if you maintain it and break it in right it will last at least 100 000km as long as you are not on the redline all the time.And also use quality oil and components and servive on time with a filter every oil change .But also you can't make anything idiot proof!

·
Registered
234 Posts
If you were racing it and wanted max performance it might only that long but on the road 100K miles if maintanance is completed would not surprizing.

·
Registered
653 Posts
well, actually the beauty ur speaking this 998.6cc, 4-stroke, four-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, TSCC having a front suspension consisting of inverted telescopic, coil spring, fully adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping with a rear suspension also having fully adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping not to mention its link-type, gas/oil-damped... yeah all this boils down to a fine well oiled machine. Wether your pushing her to her limits on the track, jerking her around stuntin' or just enjoying the open road, as long as you take care of her show her all the needed TLC she'll easily take u on 100,000 miles of pure pleasure! Zuki :bowdown:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
motofreak said:
Well I was just wondering because my brother said you can only get 10,000 miles out of a bike.

Does anyone know the exact miles that you can get out of one. :hmmm:
I've got 13k miles on my 04 1000 and I'm still riding it in the winter here, I just rode to work in the snow! You will get plenty of miles out of the bike. Depending on how you ride/maintain it you will get anywhere from 40-100k miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts