Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i’m unsure if this is where i post this but i’ve recently taken my engine out and put it back in and i forgot to connect the negative ground wire to the motor. Does the negative ground wire connect to any of those bolts or is it a specific one?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might help to know which bike...
Apologies, it is a 08 gsxr 600, i think i know what bolt it connects to but it is in a hard spot to get to and i’d most likely have to lower the engine to get to it, do i have to connect it to that bolt specially or can i connect it to one of the other three
Automotive tire Human leg Foot Auto part Metal

Attachments

·
Registered
783 Posts
The service manual for your bike ought to have a WIRING HARNESS ROUTING section in the SERVICING INFORMATION chapter that should show what bolt to use. In general, it's going to be a crankcase bolt close to where the starter motor mounts. I'd be surprised if you have to do more than raise (or possibly remove) the tank to get to it. Some of the nearby bolts are likely to use sealing washers and that's not where you want a major electrical connection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The service manual for your bike ought to have a WIRING HARNESS ROUTING section in the SERVICING INFORMATION chapter that should show what bolt to use. In general, it's going to be a crankcase bolt close to where the starter motor mounts. I'd be surprised if you have to do more than raise (or possibly remove) the tank to get to it. Some of the nearby bolts are likely to use sealing washers and that's not where you want a major electrical connection.
i did check the starter motor and around it but it already has its ground wire connected. My bike was priming and such but when i hit the starter it would click and buzz, then i realized this wasn’t connected.

Attachments

·
Registered
783 Posts
If you mean the single pin connector for the B/W lead, that's how the harness is grounded and things won't work without it. I guess it's easy to overlook if you have the engine out.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
If you mean the single pin connector for the B/W lead, that's how the harness is grounded and things won't work without it. I guess it's easy to overlook if you have the engine out.
Every time I read one of Bills posts (Which are always GREAT btw), I picture Sheldon from Big Bang Theory!
Definitely meant purely as a compliment Bill/Sheldon! LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts