Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone! I just received my new all black 08 GSXR 1000. This is my second 1000. First was a blue and white 01. I am looking to upgrade the exhaust for sound. Any suggestions? Has anyone had any positive results from a K&N Air Filter?

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
I would go with a street filter, the race filter sacrifises filtering ability for more air flow, so it dosnt filter quite as well.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Damn nice! Undertail, sliders and fork reflectors and you're ready to start modding. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I am ready to modify this bad boy. I have ordered the Taylormade exhaust with the carbon fiber trim kit and the BMC air filter.

Has anyone tried the gel seats? I have to get something a little more comfortable. I would appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes I am ready to modify this bad boy. I have ordered the Taylormade exhaust with the carbon fiber trim kit and the BMC air filter.

Has anyone tried the gel seats? I have to get something a little more comfortable. I would appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks
i have the same set up you going with good choice bro
oh and teh taylormade sounds good + looks really good on the bike i get alot of props on the exhaust

·
Registered
11 Posts
To me, the Taylormade is by far the best looking exhaust out there for the K8. I'm probably about to get TM for my bike as well. I've heard rumors (read online) of problems with the muffler disintegrating after a while, but I don't think it is an issue for most TM owners.

I'll probably go TM when I get the $$ saved up.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I'd say that It's the most clean exhaust But I don't know about best looking. I only say that because it exits from the right side and has the C/F shroud, but still leaves the left side open and almost unfinished looking. I feel if you're going to have a cover to make it look like a long belly pan on one side you should do the same with the reverse!

·
Registered
272 Posts
because it exits from the right side and has the C/F shroud, but still leaves the left side open and almost unfinished looking. I feel if you're going to have a cover to make it look like a long belly pan on one side you should do the same with the reverse!
Funny, mine came with a cover for both sides...... how bout that?

I sold my Akra duals and went with Taylormade. Let the beatings begin!! :hammer:

The TM doesn't have NEAR the sound quality the Akrapovic set did. Louder- yes. But not nearly as throaty and quality sounding. My decision was based mostly on ease of cleaning. I'm slightly obsessive (blame the military) about things being "right", and the dual exhaust made cleaning the rear of the bike an act of torture. Now I get to enjoy dirty looks when I pass people, because the damn thing blows right at them. Plus, I've found that at night, when I gear down hard for a turn, it pops a little blue flame out. All in all, the Akrapovics were a much better exhaust, but the taylormade looks better and dropped some weight.

Not to mention, the TM exhaust came with a pre-mapped PC, and cost the same as a set of Akrapovic duals (no PC, bought the Y-pipe seperately too)

All in all, it's up to the individual. I did it to eliminate headaches, but if it's quality you want, check Akrapovic or Yoshi.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you have to cut a factory mount out when you installed the TM? I am asking because if you want to change exhausts down the road, can you still do that since I thought you had to cut out a piece. Just curious.....Is the exhaust too loud?

·
Registered
11 Posts
On the K8, you do have to cut the factory mount. I don't have the taylormade yet, but I have looked at the installation instructions and it does say that you can re-mount the factory exhaust even though you cut one mount in half.

I'm not sure if that's true or if it doesn't mount back properly because of the missing mount... but here is what the instructions say:

NOTE: You will be able to safely remount your stock exhaust with the original remaining rear mounts.
You can look for yourself on page 4 of 8 of the following link:

http://www.racetaylormade.com/tmpages/suzpages/Installation_Guide_S7.pdf

Like I said... I don't have TM yet (I might go Akra instead)... but everyone who has one that I've ever read online (including Guilty above) says they are indeed very loud.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i have always been a fan of yosh but for my 09 gsxr 1000 going with TM. i talked to paul taylor i liked what he had to say and he was very knowledgable about my bike. one of the things he said was i had no need to go full exhaust set up unless i was a full time racer the power gain on a full set up to his slip on are very close the full race set has a little more power on the top thats it. as the stock headers are already titanium. as soon as i get my bike back from power stuntworx im going to order the TM with carbon trims. which were just released and available for order but not on there site yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
gahh must be nice to have a nice un wrecked bike..its gona be awhile till i get my k8 1000 going again..oh btw i had the full yoshimura exhaust on mine

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice bike!! I guess I will be the odd ball and recomend the M4. Talk about great sound and only come second in the looks department to the TM.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.