Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I usually change the oil at ZERO miles first. There are alot of milling particles left in the engine. I use a petroleum oil for the first 500. Then Change to a semi or full synthetic... depending on what flavor I feel most confident in on that porticular bike.

To answer your question, change your oil, but put dynosaur oil back in for now. At 300 MOST of the break in is already done.... and you are probalby fne with synthetic, but just in case..........

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
freak_accident said:
if i remember correctly, however i may not, i believe u break the bike in for a total of 1000 miles thenu can start using its full potential. I Personaly i waited till 2500 to make sure everything set completely. but thats just me....
I went to full synthetic at that point. silkolene
Your break in was done about 500 miles.... regardless of what the manual says. Actually probably less than that. The only break in a bike goes through is seating the rings to the cylinder wall....

do you think any racers actually ride there bikes for 1000 miles before breaking them in ;) . I think not. And before you say "well they are always blowing there shit up too" or whatever... MOST privateers and club racers run on one motor for AT LEAST one full season if not more without any problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.