Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where to actually post this question...
Just ouhht some new leathers,now my boots are too small around the calf area,I cant close them anymore (rst boots)
My calf is 17" I'm guessing it will be about 19-20" with new bottoms..which boots will be good for.this sort of size.i will buy from shop to make sure but would appreciate any prior experience with this

·
Premium Member
8,217 Posts
I don't know specifically what model but some of the Sidi boots have a nice adjustable closing system. Sidis have worked well for me over the years.

You might also try pulling the leathers up your calf a bit and see if you can now zip your boot closed. I have a set of leathers with a bit more padding on the shin bone and I will fight with my boot till I remember to do that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boot is perfect without leathers but absolutely nowhere near closing with leathers. I will get a measurement this
Weekend. Looking at the sidi mag 1 boots.no huge rush as it’s winter here so the bike is mostly in the garage

·
Premium Member
8,217 Posts
The Sidi ST is what I was thinking about. I have a pair just like them but a few years older so they may be a different name.

The calf binding is like a ski boot and the front tab easily adjusts a couple of inches.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I got some pretty big calves. (what she said)- got even bigger when I used to race road bicycles at a high level. Level? Looks level to me. Da dum, Psshhhh
I bought some used SIDI's, and they fit over my APS leathers.
I recently got some really nice used APS's off CL- also fit over my leathers.
My APS leathers I got on sale new from RD.

Good luck- you'll find some you like. Time to quit shooting steroids into those calves, and take those calf implants out- Da Dum Psssshhhh.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tried the new sidi rex today but I was only in my Jean's which still felt a little cumbersome.i decided short term I'd get some alpinestar smx-1rs
Oh and I bought a new lid as the shark was just too tight on my jaw bone...
All in all,a top days spending
As for normal length sports boots I'm still not 100% what I'm wanting,maybe dianese with the rear zip

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
And excuse the garage,I will get around to making a half decent bike shack
Bike meet tomorrow then hopefully out riding for a few hours....why didn't I do this years ago

1 - 9 of 9 Posts