Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how many extra links i need for a sprocket change +2 in the rear and -1 in the front. I'm thinking 1 or 2 at the most. Has anyone done this?

It would be great to confirm before i cut the new chain.

stock chain is 116 (k7 750)

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Does anyone know how many extra links i need for a sprocket change +2 in the rear and -1 in the front. I'm thinking 1 or 2 at the most. Has anyone done this?

It would be great to confirm before i cut the new chain.

stock chain is 116 (k7 750)
I just did this a week ago to my K4 750 w/525 110 link (Stock) Was 17/43 now 16/45 and I didn't have to change a thing! Now one thing to note is that I kept my 525 chain in place. It has low miles and looks/feels like new. If you're doing a 520 conversion that's a whole different thing. I didn't think the cost of a 520 kit was worth it for street. But then my mod only cost me $28 for two used sprockets in excellent condition from another forum member.

DO THIS MOD! I just got back not even 10 minutes ago for some further "testing". One thing I've learned is to make SURE your back tire is warmed up. It now breaks loose *much* sooner than before. Not as forgiving. But DAMN what a ride it is now! :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts