1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is the start of the whole thing
http://www.gsxr.com/showthread.php?t...ghlight=stator
I have not had a problem since.

Yesterday my bike started like it didnt have enough juice. Rode to a buddys house turned it off and went to leave again slow start but it did. Went to my wife's brothers house and went to leave and dead wont start. Lights are on and everything just not enough to start it. I charged the battery and checked a few things that another buddy told me to check out. Here is what I got...

Started bike and then unpluged stator and check each of the 3 wires coming from it I had 13.4- 13.2- 12.9. Idle and if I rev it to 6500 I get 50 to 58 Pluged it back in and check the 3 yellow wires on the Rectifer and got 3.2 to 2.4 on them never reved it to see what I got didnt think about it. Battery drops slowly as it sits and idles. If I rev it and hold. It charges to 12.0 to 12.2.

Any ideas? Or anyone got some spare time on there hands to help me figure this out.

Thanks for the read
AJ

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried another battery from a friends bike and it would not charge as well .

I found the NO LOAD Performance specs of the Stator and it said more than 65v was good and I got 75 on one and 53 to 58 on the others so that is out of spec.

What part needs to be replaced to rebuild the stator?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.