Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

New EPA proposal to prohibit conversion of vehicles into race cars/bikes etc.

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  JohnPaul 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Now that is stupid. How much fuel do they think a race vehicle actually burns compared to the same make & model on the street? It is also an excellent way to make damn sure that full blown race parts get put on street vehicles.

I can't wait to see the 2019 NASCAR body, I hear it is being based on the Prius.

#3 ·
It's a huge over reach. I also heard from a friend who has a Democrat congressman in his direct family, that if the Dems take the white house again the next proposal will be to limit use of pre-2000 vehicles. They will have special plates issued by the DMV. Sounds like another attempt for emissions control like the failed cash for clunkers.

#6 ·
Has the EPA ever been complacent. ... no. They will keep turning keys until all the doors are open by then it's too late.

Cat delete on your 2018 motorcycle will be illegal, adding new exhaust slip on will be illegal, servo delete will be illegal, mass air flow filters will be illegal, ignition advance will be illegal, etc. Etc. Not to say that the only thing in manufacturing America has left is in aftermarket tune parts. This proposal will choke that market to death. I could go on.

EPA= Job loss and higher taxes

#8 ·
I think the rules still allow LED frame lights and contrasting rim tape. At least for the moment.

Reactions: Last Week
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.