Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member 🙂

After several Ninja 250/300s, I just bought my first gixxer ever as my 8th after last year’s 7th 2013 Ducati 899 Panigale that was totaled by a shop I asked to lower it (they were great so I won’t list names). Since I never got to ride it, I was excited to find this great deal of a 2009 GSX R600 (one previous owner, less than 800 miles, pristine condition, never laid down).

My goal is to ride the curves through canyons and around lakes with solid riding skills and to feel more confident (I taught myself to ride and have been for over 30 years but ready to take on real skills). I’m only 5’1” but it’s going well so far with my Sorels.

It is super helpful reading all the great advice since I’m so shy and don’t know anyone to ask so many questions as I plan out mods to make her truly mine (exhaust, fender eliminator, etc). Thanks so much.

·
Premium Member
9,218 Posts
Welcome to the R!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kacey*SamoanTeine

·
Registered
541 Posts
Welcome!
Motorcycles can be fun but dangerous if you don't observe safety rules.

When I started riding none of my friends ride. I wish I had gotten good advice from people because some of the things I did were questionable. In fact I dived into alot of hobbies without friends, but I eventually made alot of friends doing it.

Happy riding.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome!
Motorcycles can be fun but dangerous if you don't observe safety rules.

When I started riding none of my friends ride. I wish I had gotten good advice from people because some of the things I did were questionable. In fact I dived into alot of hobbies without friends, but I eventually made alot of friends doing it.

Happy riding.
Thanks so much. I agree about safety rules and that is great advice about new friends. Took a lot for me to post and I’m glad I did. 🙂

·
Super Moderator
8,889 Posts
Welcome and that is a great looking bike.

You say canyons and lakes so maybe you are in SoCal somewhere? I'm sure in the 30 years you've been riding that you have plenty of seat time and good road sense. I'll suggest you look at taking level one of the California Superbike School. Even though it will allow about any bike to participate, it is more geared to the sportbike segment. It is NOT a track day but an on track school to gain solid riding skills.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome and that is a great looking bike.

You say canyons and lakes so maybe you are in SoCal somewhere? I'm sure in the 30 years you've been riding that you have plenty of seat time and good road sense. I'll suggest you look at taking level one of the California Superbike School. Even though it will allow about any bike to participate, it is more geared to the sportbike segment. It is NOT a track day but an on track school to gain solid riding skills.
Thank you so much for the suggestions. The dealership I got the bike offers a track day coming up, but I am definitely interested in learning technique at this point so I’ll look around. I’m in Utah and the lake behind me in the last pic is one I’ve ridden around twice this week and it takes two hours. Beautiful drive but the canyons are by far the best to me. 🙂

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Welcome to the 'R'!

Look forward to reading your posts.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Welcome from Australia!

Great bike you have there.

Be safe and have fun.