1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys jus picked up my new toy, 05 gsxr600! :bounce
post pics as soon as i get a chance,
but i had a question for you guys,
the bike didnt come with a manual so please dont get mad if written somewhere in there.
i bought the bike with 5900 miles on it and the guy has never done an oil change or any kind of servicing to it,
so aside from an oil change and a good chain cleaning and lubing what other stuff do you think i should look at and take care of?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Holly shit 5900 miles and NEVER changed the oil? Did you get it from a retard or something? Your supposed to change it at 600 mi just to make sure there are no metal shavings in the engine from when it was manufactured. Plus when the parts are all breaking in is when there going to shed the most metal. If you look around theres a thread on here with service manuals you can download. I would sudgest finding one for an 04-05 600 (same bike). In there it will have a service schedule. Probably not much besides oil and chain maintnence. If you take it to a shop they will check bolts and lube stuff like cables and other junk. 5900 mi with no chain maintnence is not good either thou. I forsee new chain and sprockets before you break 10k mi. Good luck... And welcome to the thunderdome, bish!!!!

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Aloha! +1 on all the above. Either a shop or do it yourself. Also flush the brake fluids with new stuff. I'll bet it's pretty dark tinted. It should be clear.

And don't forget to gear up!

Welcome to your new obsession. :thumbup:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think I would of been a little gun shy buying a bike that old and that many miles without an oil change.

Good luck with it and keep updated on how it turns out for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey thanks guys for the welcome! :bounce
and yea when he told me that my jaw dropped like WTF, but i got a great price on it so i kinda hoped for the best.
DEF getting the oil change and chain done right away.

also i was lookin on the forum for the manual but i couldnt seem to find it anywhere so im trying now to find it through google somewhere.

if you guys think of anythin else i should get checked out please lettme know! and thnks again for the help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.