Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all.I’m from north east England,I’m 41 years young and have just gotten into road motorcycles.ive ridden motocross for a good few years and always wanted to do this.anyways I’ll keep it short and sweet.
Was going to buy a ninja 650 until I spotted a 2013 gsxr600 red white n black ? very low miles,all the extras at a great price..I’ve always admired the bikes since the old srad days,but today was my day.i pick her up on Saturday. Can’t wait

·
Premium Member
8,554 Posts
Welcome.

The Ninja 650 is a good bike but the gsxr is another level of performance. Good choice.

Do you have to go through all the graduated licensing? Can you start on the 600?

Be sure post some pictures when you pick it up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any size bike..it’s called direct access over here..we do cbt. (Compulsory basic training) then hazard perception test and theory test..mod2 which is 15mins doing figure of eight and all that stuff then your mod1 same day if you want which is a 30-40min ride
Mod2 soon for me then a lesson or two and onto mod1..

·
Registered
750 Posts
Sounds like a lot of crap to go through to get your license...

Congrats on the new bike, and welcome to the forum...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It’s ridiculous spyder,considering I’ve already passed my car and hgv tests years ago..same s**t,different day.
Picking the bike up tomorrow.
I’ll grab some pics then
Also took out insurance for a friend to test ride before purchase.messed up the details so we phoned to say we’ve took insurance out on the wrong model..because there system did not recognise which model it was from it’s registration number it gives two options,we chose one but it wasn’t either...phoned to correct this and they don’t amend polices so we had to take another out....unbelievable but true

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pick the bike up today,absolutely love it,it’s got a stunning golden yellow fleck in the tank paint.
2013,5k miles now,full ark arkopovic exhaust,with original box as spare,r&g crash bung,the stubby levers that adjust,tank pad,and oxford security locks..to say I’m happy is an understatement.he did have the baffle to the exhaust removed by I just did don’t like the noise...refitted it when we got home and it sounds superb for me now. Oh and it’s got a tail tidy with small nuber plate fitted with original as spare..full Suzuki service..
Let’s get through my test and learn to ride it properly...

·
Premium Member
8,554 Posts
Oh and it’s got a tail tidy with small nuber plate fitted with original as spare..
So there is an optional small number plate/tag you can use? Most of the Euro tags, like Germany, are as big as billboards and just hideous.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First lesson on a cbf 600 today.absolutley loved it,so much more feel and control on the bigger bike..

·
Registered
750 Posts
So there is an optional small number plate/tag you can use? Most of the Euro tags, like Germany, are as big as billboards and just hideous.
I think he's talking about the "fender eliminator"... Not a smaller license tag.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally passed my test today....spent the day riding which has been awsome.it took 20minutes to feel at home in the sports bike position.heres to many safe miles over many safe years..I’ll do my a little mini review in 6-12 months on how it’s all gone. Stay safe

·
Premium Member
8,554 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
9,216 Posts
Welcome to tha R!!!!!! Don't feed the animals.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Spent 6hours on it today and what day I’ve had,absolutely shattered but well worth it.travelled all
Over the north east,lots and lots of country winding roads,beautiful coastal routes I never noticed really...back on it tomorrow

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Another day out this bank holiday,uks North Yorkshire moors.the little 600 has lots of grunt and bags of torque.in fairness I’ve nothing really to compare it too.im really enjoying this bike.even if I am a little stiff.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Another day out this bank holiday,uks North Yorkshire moors.the little 600 has lots of grunt and bags of torque.in fairness I’ve nothing really to compare it too.im really enjoying this bike.even if I am a little stiff.
Welcome to your new addiction :Laughing:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts