Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well there are some things i have been wanting to know for a while. First of all I'm not a big guy so i know some bikes will be terrible for me. I am about 5'6 with shoes on and weigh 140. What bikes would you recommend for me. I haven't rode a bike before but I do plan on taking the MSF course before I buy. Any info on the Georgia classes would be helpful. I really like the looks of the gsxr 600 but Im not sure I could handle it. I don't plan on doing wheelies anytime soon or going really fast so I think the 600 would be a good bike for me because if i needed the power then it would be there. Also money is kind of an issue. Thanks for any info in advance:D

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Welcome to the site!
I wouldn't suggest that one gets an "R" bike as there first bike but as long as you use you head ride with in your limits and respect the power that you have then go for it. and the 600 would be a great one...

GOOD LUCK to you!!! Be safe and gear up for the crash not the ride.

·
Registered
426 Posts
welcome to the site bro... and 4rm the sounds of it u'll be jus fine... take the msf course, get the bike, learn and get comfortable, then have a blast learning all the tricks of the trade... :bounce

·
Registered
272 Posts
Where in GA? I'm from Cartersville originally.

As far as the 600? They're ok to learn on, no doubt. You'll most likely wreck it, but that's okay too. Lots of (maybe even most) people who learn on a 600 lay it down once or twice. It's part of that learning curve.

That "R" isn't for show, the bikes you see on the showroom floor aren't all that different from what's zipping around the track. They throw some lights on them and presto, they're street bikes! Needless to say, these are race-bred machines that are allowed to run on public roads. Respect that part of it, and you'll be fine.

Get some frame sliders and get to work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Where in GA? I'm from Cartersville originally.

As far as the 600? They're ok to learn on, no doubt. You'll most likely wreck it, but that's okay too. Lots of (maybe even most) people who learn on a 600 lay it down once or twice. It's part of that learning curve.

That "R" isn't for show, the bikes you see on the showroom floor aren't all that different from what's zipping around the track. They throw some lights on them and presto, they're street bikes! Needless to say, these are race-bred machines that are allowed to run on public roads. Respect that part of it, and you'll be fine.

Get some frame sliders and get to work.
I live in Ringgold right now. Also so info on the frame slider would be nice.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
the msf course is good for learners,-- my opinion it was boring.... it does however cost 250.00 sounds to me like your my height jus way a bit less, -- lowering it for comfortability may be good for you just depends on what you like. helped me out a lot. your not far from south ga, so check this site out, www.sogasb.com we are a group of riders from around brunswick, kingsland and brantley, we usually ride up to savannah and sometimes jacksonville. have fun and be safe

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Welcome to the party.

FIrst off, don't think because you're not a big guy that you can't handle a Hayabusa. I'm not saying that's what you should get because it is most definitely not. Take the MSF and get used to the smaller bikes they have. A GSXR 600 isn't as bad as you might think. JUst take it easy and respect it. Also don't go cheap with your gear. It will save your life and a full set of gear will cost less than your hospital bills will of you don't wear it.

Take it easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts