Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so finally ive taken my msf drive/written test and got my license.

looking to get an 06-07 gsxr.

got my eye on a few, but one thing is, what brands are good for boots and gloves? plus lowering kits?

as you can see, way noob. been into drag racing and drifting for a long time now, so trying something new

·
Registered
426 Posts
welcome glad to hear u took the MSF course it is the best investment into being a ryder... as for quality gear... icon,alpinestars, shift, are jus a few but do some research on sites that give reviews like kneedraggers or sportsbiketrackgear it will help narrow down ur choices... :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I use Joe Rocket for my gloves and textile jacket. It really is worth it spending the money on brand name gear because you never know what'll happen out on the streets. Good luck

·
Registered
426 Posts
wow, very welcoming people.

so i know honda guys are way different to drifting guys and thinking bike guys are different to both.
but here are my cars.

ahhhh... :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: those are 2 of my own favorites... a DC2 integra and a AE86... good picks... :thumbup: too bad that teg isnt RHD...

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
welcome to the site man! a quick google for gear and links will serve you best. it depends on how low you go. but anyway you will learn a lot arounnd here

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
so finally ive taken my msf drive/written test and got my license.

looking to get an 06-07 gsxr.

got my eye on a few, but one thing is, what brands are good for boots and gloves? plus lowering kits?

as you can see, way noob. been into drag racing and drifting for a long time now, so trying something new
Aloha. I'm just over here in Cd'A. Small world.:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
oh nice.... so think i should do the deal?
Might be worth having a look at. Has it been down? Print out a Used Motorcycle Evaluation Guide and go through the whole thing. If you have a buddy that has some motorcycle knowledge check it out that would be ideal. But the guy is in Fife and thats about 5 hours away. Know anyone in the SeaTac area that could take a look for you? Find out what's up with the paint/no graphics. Wreck repair?

When looking for mine I searched the Seattle CL too. (And Portland) But I found the perfect bike just running a WTB (want to buy) listing in the Spokane Motorcycle section. I found exactly what I was looking for in less than 48hrs when a guy from Post Falls replied to my ad. Bottom line is be patient and do your research. Don't just grab the first one that comes along. If you find one that's much cheaper than other comparable bikes then be very suspicious.

For gear Astars and Joe Rocket are good. Icon leather jackets are good but everything else sucks. (Opinions vary)

For jackets- Leather>Textile>Mesh>T-Shirt ....Get a decent Textile jacket as the bare minimum. If you can afford it by all means get leather. Around our area of the Pacific Northwest something with a zip out full quilted liner comes in handy during spring and fall. Remember this little heat wave we're going through is VERY unusual.

Helmet choice is Shoei RF-1000. Got mine on Ebay for $185 (was a killer deal. you may wind up paying more) and it's outstanding! I had no idea just how big a POS my old one was.

Next are boots. Astars and SIDI are on the top of my list. Over the ankle work boots are the bare minimum.

Gloves. There are a shitload to choose from. Just keep in mind "shorties" offer ZERO wrist protection. Your wrist/hand are the first thing to hit the ground in a crash. Nuff said.

And my last piece of advice. The acronym ATGATT
All The Gear All The Time.
Say it with me...All The Gear All The Time.

NEVER EVER ride without your gear on. NEVER EVER say to yourself "I'm just running down to the store, I'll be ok without my helmet this once." That will be the one time some dumbass on his cell phone takes a left in front of you. Dress for the crash, not for the ride.

A great site for video reviews of gear is Sportbiketrackgear These guys do a lot of Youtube videos of product reviews. Great info!

Other gear sites I frequent are Kneedragger.com and MotorcycleCloseouts.com

Of course any of the GSXR.com's sponsors would be good to check out. :D

Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
25 Posts
thanks for the info bro. that really helps. i mean of course in class they're pretty strick bout keeping your gear on and what not.

but yea im not going to grab what ever comes to me first. then again, tempting. most of the bikes ive been looking at aren't to bad of a deal and most of them are clean title. of course im iffy about the ones that say they dropped it in their driveway or at 5mph.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.