Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 GSXR 600 with H4 factory bulbs. I have searched thru the threads and found bits and pieces of info about headlight bulbs. I am wanting to replace mine with something that will shine brighter than factory. I looked on Ebay for some xenon bulbs (friend recommended) and I can see they have different numbers like 4500K, 6500K, 8500K, and even 9003. I know I need to get something that will have the output of roughly 55/60 watts so I don't burn up my harness or anything else. I have also seen something about Sylvania silverstars. I realize everyone has their own preference. What I would like if possible is for someone to explain to me what each number may mean for the 4500K and so on, and also hear from some people that have the xenon and also the sylvania and get their opinions about the lights and if their better as far as visibility and longevity. I appreciate any thoughts and advice anyone can provide.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
the numbers refer the to color of the light, lower is brighter, higher isn't quite as bright, the higher the number the more blue the light gets, and really high is into the purples. 5k is WHITE.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I think more of those bulb on ebay are junk. I had one of those silverstars in my car, but didn't see much difference. Now I have 2 H4 90/100W in my gixxer for about 6 months. No problem with over heating or harness at all. They are very good and bright. Brand is MTEC and ones I have cosmos blue white.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.