Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined up as I picked up a wrecked 96 750 for a track bike. I used to race and while I love the TL, I wanted something else to do track days on.
Just thought I'd say hello

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
:welcome: to the site man, enjoy! :thumbup:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fellas. I've always loved the GSXR's but never owned one. I've been addicted to twins ever since getting the TL
I just started tearing into the GSXR the other day.
Here's how she looks at the moment

·
Registered
234 Posts
Looks like you have your work cut out for you

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Na, that's nothing. The TL was a lot worse than that when I got it. Here's how it looks now

I was a bike mechanic for years, now it's just a hobby. I love this kind of project

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I don't have any good before pics. I bought it in spring of 99 a few years before I had a digital camera (or knew what one was for that matter)
It was totalled with 712 miles on the clock.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
thats not the bike thats wrecked, atleast thats how I understand it, it was a gsxr that got totaled this time, and he is rebuilding it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Both bikes were wrecked. I put the TL back together been riding it since summer of 99, still have it. When I bought it totalled, it only had 712 miles on it. Still had the temp tag.
The GSXR I just picked up and still need to rebuild.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Man you guys need to pay a little more attention. Nice TL. My boy has one and is looking for some parts. If you have anything laying around let me know.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
they pay attention as well as you do. :laughingr

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
skibum91 said:
they pay attention as well as you do. :laughingr
I know. :laughingr

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Actually the GSXR is much more user friendly when it comes to working on the bike, than the TL

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
r_meintel said:
V-TWIN Stay with 2. They are a lot easier to work on. WElcome to the site.
Like hell they are, they are such a big pain in the ass, atleast on a 4 cylinder you don't have to remove the radiator to get to a spark plug.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
skibum91 said:
Like hell they are, they are such a big pain in the ass, atleast on a 4 cylinder you don't have to remove the radiator to get to a spark plug.

Tell me about it. You ever look at the exhaust under them? We cut one of the pipes out and made it a single. Dayum does it sound good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts