Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ive been reading many of the threads on this site for a
while and finally decided to make an account.
The reason for hesitation is because i have yet to get a bike, i was less than a week away and some lady hit me on my morning commute to work now i have to pay a rather large deductible ($1,500)
However i still intend on getting a bike just not so soon.

Prospect bike: 04 GSXR 600 Stock 6k odom

Car: 03 Ford Focus ZX3

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome man. Sorry to hear about your car.
There's only so many compuer-using gsxr riders out there, so don't be offended if your topic isn't replied to right away.

Since i figure you'll be in the market soon, here's a few links for you to check out before you buy!

http://www.clarity.net/~adam/buying-bike-content.html

http://www.ride2die.com

Try to take a riders safety course in your area, it's a great thing to have under your belt even if you're an experienced rider.
Plus it gets you an insurance discount! :thumbup:

·
Monster Truck Driver
6,530 Posts
Welcome man. Sorry to hear about your car.
There's only so many compuer-using gsxr riders out there, so don't be offended if your topic isn't replied to right away.
welcome !!:thumbup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nick thanks for the tips on buying a bike, very helpful. As for the MSF course i plan to take one as soon as i buy my bike, unless i can take the course without my own bike. Also that ride2die i have seen posted on the forum before i registered.

everyone else thanks for the welcome :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nick thanks for the tips on buying a bike, very helpful. As for the MSF course i plan to take one as soon as i buy my bike, unless i can take the course without my own bike. Also that ride2die i have seen posted on the forum before i registered.

everyone else thanks for the welcome :)

When i took my course, they supplied the motorcycles.
It was a little bit more expensive, but made it worth it because
i could go a little faster, brake a little harder, etc. without
being scared to death of crashing.

I was already an experienced motorcycle rider, so i used the class
as an opportunity for me to find some limits that i was too scared
to do on MY motorcycle. :arsenal

Another word of advice...
check out your local craigslist add for motorcycles,
it's a great place to buy and sell bikes.
www.craigslist.com

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
+1

down in Texas in the basic course they provided 250cc bikes for the class. Odd thing was it scared the shit out of me dropping from a 750. Then I did the advanced course and was basicly the same thing scaled down and you did it on your own bike. I didnt realize how bad I was in a parking lot:lol:

But if you go down go down on their bike and get your first one out of the way, not at your expense.

·
Registered
210 Posts
hello noob! welcome!!!!!!!
you have a great bike in mind, the k4 600 was my first bike...well...:headscrat its my current and only too lol

sexiest chassis ever made <3

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have some experience riding sport bikes as well, however i have been riding dirt bikes since i was 7. Although you have a great point about testing your limits and not at my own expense.
As for checking craigslist, i do regularly however im about 1000 short because of the accident.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.